Introduced in Seekers of Adoulin, Skirmishes are high level, instanced end-game battle events which take place in an "otherworldly" version of areas of Ulbuka. The primary rewards from Skirmishes are unique, high damage weapons which can be augmented to become some of the best weapons in the game. Skirmishes are accessed using sets of Simulacrum Segments, which are obtainable by various methods in all areas of Ulbuka. The three segments used to build a Simulacrum will determine the number and quality of rewards available, the number and quality of extra buffs and benefits you can receive within the Skirmish, and the difficulty and time limit of the Skirmish and its objectives.
- 1 Getting Started
- 2 Skirmishes
- 3 Rewards
In order to enter a Skirmish, you will need to meet the following requirements:
- Seekers of Adoulin expansion pack installed and registered
- 3-6 party members at level 95 or above
- Leader must possess a "Simulacrum" key item (see Assembling Simulacra below)
There are currently four areas in which Skirmishes take place. Each area has a unique layout and differing objectives and available rewards. Skirmishes are entered at the Augural Conveyor located in the true Vana'diel's parallel area:
- Rala Waterways (U) entered via Augural Conveyor in Rala Waterways (B/C-6)
- Cirdas Caverns (U) entered via Augural Conveyor in Cirdas Caverns (H-3)
- Yorcia Weald (U) entered via Augural Conveyor in Yorcia Weald (I-10)
- Outer Ra'Kaznar (U) entered via Augural Conveyor in Outer Ra'Kaznar (M-6)
Prior to participating in Skirmishes, Augural Conveyors can be activated as Waypoint teleportation destinations in the same way as Waypoints, and can be warped to for 300 Kinetic Units from Adoulin waypoints.
- Content Level 6: Rala Waterways (U) and Cirdas Caverns (U)
- Content Level 14: Yorcia Weald (U)
- Content Level 20: Outer Ra'Kaznar (U)
To participate in Skirmish, the party leader will need to assemble a Simulacrum key item comprised of three Simulacrum Segments, one from each of three categories: Visage, Torso, and Legs.
Each category of Simulacrum Segment influences a Skirmish in different ways.
- The type of Visage selects the Skirmish area and the tier influences the quality of rewards (specifically, the quality of Ghastly, Verdigris, or Wailing Stones received).
- The tier of Torso chooses the Skirmish level. This influences the size of the Skirmish area, maximum time allotted, objectives to complete, and number of rewards.
- The tier of Legs sets the number of Noetic Ascensions available (based on the Skirmish size) and the type of effects they may bestow.
Because of the synergies involved in using higher tier components together, it is sensible to assemble high tier head and legs segments together with high tier body segments. A maximum size run using a tier V body will yield the most possible drops (the quality of which is influenced by the head segment's tier) and the most possible Noetic Ascensions (the quantity and effects of which are influenced by the legs segment's tier).
After obtaining one of each type of Simulacrum Segment, trade all three to Oston in Eastern Adoulin to receive a Simulacrum KI for a small gil fee (100 × sum of tiers of all segments). Lola also offers Tier-1 Simulacrum KI in exchange for Pulchridopt Wings.
- Rala simulacrum will be received if a Rala Visage was used, for entry into Rala Waterways (U).
- Cirdas simulacrum will be received if a Cirdas Visage was used, for entry into Cirdas Caverns (U).
- Yorcia simulacrum will be received if a Yorcia Visage was used, for entry into Yorcia Weald (U).
- Ra'Kaznar simulacrum will be received if a Ra'Kaznar Visage was used, for entry into Outer Ra'Kaznar (U).
Simulacrum Segments can be obtained in a variety of ways in the areas of Ulbuka, but are most frequently obtained from completing Lair Reive and Colonization Reive battles. Higher tier segments are increasingly rarer.
They can be also be obtained from the three methods below, but they are extremely rare and random to come by. There is a constant number of available segments throughout Ulbuka at any given time, and their obtainment methods are random and predetermined. Once one is obtained, it resets to a new location and method of obtainment.
- Soul Pyres, which spawn occasionally after defeating any normal enemy throughout Ulbuka.
- Gathering activities (Harvesting, Mining, and Logging)
- Completing Coalition Assignments
Additionally, they can be obtained from:
- Purchased with Obsidian Fragments obtained from prior Skirmishes (tier I segments only)
- Traded / bazaars / Auction House in the "Miscellaneous" category.
Upon entering the Skirmish, a primary objective, map size, and time restriction will be set based on the area chosen and tier of Faithful's Torso utilized. Once the primary objective is completed, a secondary objective will be assigned which will increase the amount of available rewards. In both areas, certain paths may be blocked until certain monsters have been defeated or a certain objective percentage has been completed. When new paths open, a message implying so will be stated in the chat log. All monsters in Skirmishes are true aggressive based on the normal aggro and link mechanic of their monster family (true sight/true sound/magic/low HP aggro) and check "very tough" at level 99.
- Rala Waterways (U): Contains several Notorious Monsters scattered amongst many normal monsters and the objectives are to defeat the notorious monsters present.
- Cirdas Caverns (U): Contains several normal monsters which spawn many more monsters when engaged or defeated and the objectives are to defeat all monsters present.
- Yorcia Weald (U): Contains a Cantonment which must be protected from waves of oncoming monsters for a period of time.
|Faithful's Torso Tier / Objective Requirements|
|Time Limit (Cirdas/Rala)||30 minutes||40 minutes||50 minutes||60 minutes||60 minutes|
|Primary Objective||15 minutes||15 minutes||25 minutes||25 minutes||35 minutes|
|Secondary Objective||25 minutes||25 minutes||35 minutes||35 minutes||45 minutes|
|Available Benefits||Faithful's Legs Tier / Benefit Availability & Value|
|Obsidian Fragments+ (Rala/Cirdas)||100||200||300||400||500|
|Obsidian Fragments+ (Yorcia)||150||300||450||600||750|
|Magic Attack Bonus|
|Magic Defense Bonus|
|TP Restoration (300)|
|HP/MP Restoration (Full)|
|Defensive Maneuvers (Yorcia Only)|
|Stockade Construction 1|
|Stockade Construction 2|
|Stockade Construction 3|
|Stockade Construction 4|
As the group works towards completing the primary objective, players will periodically be notified of their progress, and after each 20% of the primary objective is completed, players will be notified of some of the rewards they will receive if the primary objective is completed. Rewards associated with completing the secondary objective will be revealed once the primary objective is 100% completed. Skirmish Weapon and Armor rewards are shared between all players (will drop into the loot pool at the end of the Skirmish). All other rewards are player-specific (will load into each player's Treasure Coffer at the end of the Skirmish).
Upon completing the primary Skirmish objective, players will each receive a Fenestral Key. Once any player uses the key, the Skirmish will end (setting the time remaining to 5 minutes), a raise effect will be placed on any KO'ed players, all remaining monsters will despawn, Skirmish Weapons or Armor will drop into the loot pool, and a treasure chest will spawn at each player's position with their personal rewards.
After completing the primary objective, if the group plans on continuing and completing the secondary objective, players should not use the Fenestral Key until the secondary objective is completed.
The quantity of rewards received is dependent on the tier of body segment used and the number of objectives completed. Note that within Yorcia Skirmishes, occasionally a Dithering Heartwing enemy will spawn at a random location on the map. This enemy will not move towards the cantonment, and if it is defeated prior to the announcement of the secondary loot pool (at the 10 minute warning), one extra piece of armor will be rewarded for completing the objectives, in addition to the quantity from the table below.
|Rewards||Objective Completed||Faithful's Torso Tier / Number of Reward Items|
The primary reward from Cirdas and Rala Skirmishes are Skirmish Weapons, which can be randomly augmented (within set ranges) by Divainy-Gamainy of the Inventors' Coalition using Ghastly Stones, also obtained from Skirmishes. Weapons will drop directly into the treasure pool when the Fenestral Key is used and the type of weapons which can drop are specific to the area of the Skirmish.
Reference the Skirmish Weapons page for information on available augments.
Upon opening an armory crate in Yorcia skirmishes, a player may receive the key item Vial of translurry, which can be expended, along with a 5,000 Bayld fee, to transmute one NQ skirmish weapon to its HQ version at Divainy-Gamainy. Note that this process will remove any augments from weapon. The weapon can then be reaugmented by using Verdigris Stones.
|Cirdas Caverns (U)|| Ninza · +1
| Leisilonu · +1
THF BRD DNC
|Iztaasu · +1
RDM PLD BLU
| Iizamal · +1
| Qatsunoci · +1
| Shichishito · +1
|Uffrat · +1
|Bocluamni · +1|
|Rala Waterways (U)|| Crobaci · +1
PLD DRK RUN
| Faizzeer · +1
| Iclamar · +1
| Kannakiri · +1
| Aedold · +1
| Hgafircian · +1
| Lehbrailg · +1|
WHM BLM RDM BRD SMN SCH GEO
The primary reward from Yorcia Skirmishes is Skirmish Armor, which can be randomly augmented (within set ranges) by Divainy-Gamainy of the Inventors' Coalition using Verdigris Stones, also obtained from Yorcia Skirmishes. With the proper augments (and often without any augments at all), these armor components can be some of the best in the game for their uses. Armor will drop directly into the treasure pool when the Fenestral Key, with the quantity dependent on the body tier of the Skirmish, which objectives were completed, and whether all Bestial Dens were destroyed.
- Hands / Feet components: 1 Lebondopt Wing
- Head / Legs components: 2 Lebondopt Wings
- Body components / Beatific Shield: 3 Lebondopt Wings
Skirmish Armor can further be upgraded in +1 versions with the Transmelange KI obtained from Ra'Kaznar Skirmish. A number Pulchridopt Wings obtained from the same skirmish can be exchanged for the Transmelange KI or other KIs and augmentation stones.
Personal chests may contain one Geomancer scroll, which will typically be the first notified reward as objectives are completed. These scrolls are more commonly received in Rala and Cirdas Skirmishes than in Yorcia Skirmishes.
- Geomancer scrolls will be chosen from the 12 highest value scrolls:
Personal chests will contain two or more items from the list below, which includes the Ghastly Stones needed to augment the NQ weapons received in Skirmishes or the Verdigris Stones needed to augment upgraded HQ weapons or exchanged armor. The quality of any Stones received will be influenced by the tier of Visage used for entry, with higher tier Visages increasing the likelihood of higher quality Stones.
Cirdas and Rala Skirmishes
- Ghastly Stone / Ghastly Stone +1 / Ghastly Stone +2
- Crafting items (common):
- Crafting items (uncommon):
- Lebondopt Wing
- Verdigris Stone / Verdigris Stone +1 / Verdigris Stone +2
- Vial of translurry
- Crafting items (common):
- Other items (uncommon):
- Pulchridopt Wing
- Wailing Stone / Wailing Stone +1 / Wailing Stone +2
- Augmentation Stones from Ceizak/Rala and Yorcia Skirmishes can also drop.
- Crafting items (common):
- Other items (uncommon):
During Skirmishes, players can receive an event-specific and player-specific currency known as Obsidian Fragments. Obsidian Fragments can be obtained in two ways:
- Defeat monsters in the Skirmish. 1~5 fragments may be obtained per normal monster (all areas) and 10~50 per notorious monster (Rala) or Bestial Den (Yorcia). Defeating monsters will not always yield fragments.
- Utilize the "Obsidian Fragments+" option at a Noetic Ascension. The amount received will vary with area and the tier of Legs utilized (see table above).
These can be accumulated up to 99,999 (amount per run varies with run size and legs segment tier) and can be spent in two ways:
- Tier I Simulacrum Segments can be purchased from Oston.
- Augmentation Stones can be purchased from Ornery Dhole once the Inventors' Coalition has been edified with an Emblem.
- Ghastly Stone: 50 Obsidian Fragments
- Ghastly Stone +1: 1,000 Obsidian Fragments
- Ghastly Stone +2: 9,800 Obsidian Fragments
- Verdigris Stone: 100 Obsidian Fragments
- Verdigris Stone +1: 2,000 Obsidian Fragments
- Verdigris Stone +2: 20,000 Obsidian Fragments
- Wailing Stone: 200 Obsidian Fragments
- Wailing Stone +1: 4,000 Obsidian Fragments
- Wailing Stone +2: 40,000 Obsidian Fragments
This category has the following 5 subcategories, out of 5 total.