Be sure to read "Returning to Vana'diel" - our guide of changes to the game!
Already returned? Welcome back! Check out "Quickstart 1-119" - for a complete journey from level 1 to 119!
Areas • Missions • Quests • Coalitions • Assignments • Reive
Skirmish • Delve • Incursion • Vagary • Sinister Reign • Apex
Areas • Missions • Escha • Domain Invasion • Geas Fete • Omen
Ambuscade • Dynamis Divergence • Unity • High-Tier Mission Battlefields • Master Trials • Monstrosity
|Guides • Trust Magic • Mog Garden • Monster Rearing • Job Points • Crafting||June Update Items|
| Ultimate Weapons|
Windurst Mission 3-3
From BG FFXI Wiki
(Redirected from A New Journey)
- This Mission is Required. Mission 3-3 to 5-2 can be done with any nation, as they are all ultimately the same.
- They will require cutscenes in their own cities, but the bulk of the work is identical for each.
- Accept the mission from any gate guard. You will receive the Key Item Star crested summons.
- Make your way to the top of Heavens Tower and check the Vestal Chamber door to speak with the Star Sibyl.
- She will give you the Key Item Letter to the ambassador and send you to the Windurstian Embassy in Jeuno.
- Head to the Windurstian Embassy in Ru'Lude Gardens and speak with Pakh Jatalfih
- You will now likely need to climb to the 10th floor of Delkfutt's Tower in order to gain a Delkfutt Key in order to access the basement of the tower.
- Head to Lower Delkfutt's Tower using the Survival Guide teleportation, Outpost warp, or Homepoint warp.
- When inside if you possess the Delkfutt Key, head to (E-8) and continue down the stairs to enter the basement. Otherwise start the climb process detailed below.
- You may also be Tractored through this basement door without the key.
Obtaining Delkfutt Key
- This process involves a VERY long climb with lots of dangerous monsters. If you are below level 50, bring someone high level with you or a party of at least 6. Sneak/Invisible (Status) or Prism Powder/Silent Oil are also recommended. Some form of Reraise and Warp is also helpful.
- Set your Home Point in Jeuno if you plan on warping out after the M
- Enter Lower Delkfutt's Tower at F-6.
- Once inside prepare for a long walk. Bats and Dancing Weapons will aggro to Sound and Goblins and Giants will aggro to Sight. Pots and Dolls are Aggressive to Magic.
- Floor 1
- Enter and follow the right wall until you reach the stairs at E/F-6.
- Floor 2
- Follow the left wall until you reach the stairs at I-9.
- Floor 3
- Follow the right wall until you reach the teleporter at G-6.
- Middle Delkfutt's Tower
- Floor 4
- Follow the right wall past 2 teleporters and go up the stairs at J-6.
- Floor 5 half way there.
- Enter the door into a hallway on your right at I-7 then follow the left wall until you see a stairway leading north at H-10.
- Floor 6
- At the top of the stairs follow the right wall to a teleporter at J-10.
- Floor 7
- In this big room head northwest to a stairway at G-7.
- Floor 8
- Follow the left wall to another stairway at J-7.
- Floor 9
- Head south to a stairway that leads back down at J-10.
- Floor 8 again
- Head west to a stairway leading back up at G-10. Do *not* fall down the hole in the floor!
- Floor 9 again
- Follow the left wall until you reach a teleporter at F-6.
- Upper Delkfutt's Tower
- Floor 10
- When you zone in head through the door to the southeast and down a hallway. You will find a door on your right at H-7. This door is guarded by Mimas a Gigas NM that uses Hundred Fists. After killing Mimas and clearing the hallway enter the door at H-7 into a large room. This room will be filled with Gigas and a NM named Porphyrion.
- Kill Porphyrion and any aggro you may have. Porphyrion will drop 6 Delkfutt Keys. If you need more then 6 you will have to wait 10 minutes for him to repop.
- Once you have your key trade it to the elevator on the floor at H-8 inside Porphyrions room.
- Walk down the LONG staircase after using the elevator to get to the basement.
Finishing the Mission
- Once you reach the basement head east into a large room and click on the door at (M-7) for a cutscene. If you do not get the cutscene you are probably at the wrong door.
- After the cutscene warp out or head South West and down a long hallway, this will take you back to the first floor of the tower. Follow the right wall until you zone back into Qufim Island.
- Return to the embassy in Ru'Lude Gardens and examine the "Door: Windurstian Emb." to complete the mission.
- You do not have to be on this mission to receive a Delkfutt Key from Porphyrion.
- If you already possess a key from defeating Porphyrion before you activated the mission, from completing the mission for another nation, or from having the Key Item version Delkfutt key, you can access the basement without traversing to the top of the tower.
- On the first floor, trade your Delkfutt Key to the door at (E-8) on the first floor. If you possess the Key Item variant, simply examine the door. This will give you access to the basement where the ambassador is being held.