Be sure to read "Returning to Vana'diel" - our guide of changes to the game!
Already returned? Welcome back! Check out "Quickstart 1-119" - for a complete journey from level 1 to 119!
Areas • Missions • Quests • Coalitions • Assignments • Reive
Skirmish • Delve • Incursion • Vagary • Sinister Reign • Apex
Areas • Missions • Escha • Domain Invasion • Geas Fete • Omen
Ambuscade • Dynamis Divergence • Unity • High-Tier Mission Battlefields • Master Trials • Monstrosity
|Guides • Trust Magic • Mog Garden • Monster Rearing • Job Points • Crafting||May Update Items|
| Ultimate Weapons|
Aegis (Level 99 II)
From BG FFXI Wiki
|Description:||DEF:40 Augments "Shield Bash" VI Magic damage taken II -50% Afterglow|
|Flags:||Equippable, Not vendorable, Not sendable, Exclusive, Rare|
|Races:||All Races||Equip. Slot:||Shields|
|Versions:||Lv. 75 - Lv. 80 - Lv. 85 - Lv. 90|
|Lv. 95 - Lv. 99 - Lv. 99 II|
|Trial of the Magians Shields||Result of the Trial of the Magians. See the Shield Trials page for more details.|
- Hidden Effect: Although this is a Size 5 Shield, it blocks as often as though it is a Size 3 Shield.
- Augments Shield Bash VI: Shield Bash damage +250.
- Magic Damage Taken II: Aegis allows the wearer to go past the -50% magic damage taken cap.
- Afterglow is activated by using Shield Bash and reduces Magic Damage Taken by 5% (13/256) for party members within 10' AoE for 30 seconds.
- This does not bypass the Magical Damage Taken cap.
- This is the fully upgraded Shield through the relic process, but it can be further upgraded through the Trial of the Magians.