Are you considering returning to Final Fantasy XI? Be sure to read "Returning to Vana'diel" - our community collaborative guide!
Areas · Missions · Quests · Coalitions · Assignments
Reive · Skirmish · Delve · Incursion · Vagary · Sinister Reign
Areas · Missions · Escha · Omen
|July Update Items|
|Mog Garden · Monster Rearing · Monstrosity · Trust Magic · Unity · Ambuscade · Hard Mode Mission Battles · Master Trials||July Login Campaign|
Aeonic Weapons are a series of powerful high-damage and low-delay weapons created via defeating some of the strongest Notorious Monsters in the game, offering Relic-equivalent weapons to Seekers of Adoulin jobs.
These weapons require completely defeating all Geas Fete Notorious Monsters in all three Escha zones.
The unique weapon skills linked with these weapons may be unlocked for use with any weapon via completion of the quest Martial Mastery, and purchasing the Weapon Skill in stages of increasing potency via Merit Points, up to the level granted from the weapon itself.
While the linked weapon skills may be unlocked for use with any weapon, and with many jobs that may not equip the Aeonic Weapon, Aeonic Aftermath increases the Skillchain properties associated with the weapon skills to include the Light and Darkness properties, formerly reserved to only Relic and Empyrean Weapon Skills, and also grants the ability to perform the "Ultimate Skillchains" of Radiance and Umbra. These properties are applied to the Weapon Skill that activates the Aftermath in addition to when used during the Aftermath's duration; meaning that for all intents and purposes, just equipping an Aeonic Weapon grants the linked Weapon Skill Level 3 Skillchain properties.
§ It should be noted that instead of a weapon skill, Marsyas grants access to a unique song and Srivatsa rewards the player in another manner. For further details, follow the links to their individual pages.
To find the correct Attestation for your weapon you will need to acquire the associated Parchment for the NM. Below is a list of which Hydra Job to hunt for each weapon and the resulting NM for the Attestation you need.
For the required Fragment you will need to find the Satellite Weapon (in Dynamis - Xarcabard) you are working on and obtain the Goad from it. Then trade the Goad (usually near where the Satellite Weapon is) to summon the Animated Weapon and obtain the Fragment.
- The Key Item:"Scintillating Rhapsody", obtained from the final Rhapsodies of Vana'diel Mission, must be obtained first in order to begin the process.
- Speak to Temprix, who will demand successive amounts of Escha Beads in payment for "secrets":
- First 100, then 500, then 1000, and then finally 1.
- Now Temprix will begin offering the Malformed base Key Item for 50,000 Escha Beads.
- The Key Item she sells is based upon which job a player currently is on and what jobs may equip the Aeonic Weapon.
- Thereafter receiving the Malformed Key Item, the player must defeat Geas Fete Notorious Monsters in order of zone as such:
- Defeating the Notorious Monsters may be done on any job. They are not required to be defeated with the job that purchased the Key Item.
- Temprix will keep track of which Notorious Monsters have and have not been defeated.
- It is important to note that use of a Primeval Brew is prohibited, and any win where one is used will result in completion not being recognized.
- First every Geas Fete Notorious Monsters in Escha - Zi'Tah, in any order, and then return and talk to Temprix.
- Then every Geas Fete Notorious Monster in Escha - Ru'Aun, in any order, and then return and talk to Temprix.
- Finally every Geas Fete Notorious Monster in Reisenjima, in any order, and then return and talk to Temprix.
- After clearing Reisenjima Geas Fete, Temprix will take your Malformed Key Item and request a specified Fragment and Attestation item from specific Dynamis Notorious Monsters, as denoted above.
- Then after one game day, Temprix will yield the finished Aeonic Weapon.
- This gives the completed Item Level 119 version of the weapon.