From BG FFXI Wiki
| Battlefield Information
|| Boneyard Gully
|| Level Restriction:
| Entry Item:
|| Zelos Orb
|| 6 Members
| Entry Currency:
|| 30 High Kindred's Crest
|| Time Limit:
|| 15 Minutes
| Personal Pool:
20,000 Gil (Split across party)
- All monsters start out underground in a rectangular area in the middle. You must run over the exact spot for them to pop out with Pit Ambush.
- This can be a hard task low man due to the time limit and Draw-in, so using a tool like Mappy can greatly assist in locating the exact position to run over most efficiently.
- The four Antiphus's Spawn must be defeated before Antiphus will take much damage, but they respawn after a certain amount of time (~1~2 minutes after all four are dead).
- It is possible to beat Antiphus without defeating the Spawns solo at item level 119, but the 15 minute time limit will be a serious concern.
- Melee hits on THF/WAR would be 50-100 damage each, WS for 700-1000. Antiphus had bad accuracy but would hit for 100+.
- This is compared to, as an example, a single WS knocking out 80% HP when weakened.
- Best bet is to have an evasive job aggro the underground monsters and have everyone kill them until Antiphus spawns, then supertank him until you have killed all four spawns.
- When all four Antiphus's Spawn are dead, Antiphus will lose his damage reduction within a few seconds. Zerg it and do as much damage as possible.
- Antiphus will use Draw-in constantly and can pull a player from almost anywhere on the battlefield.
- Antiphus will use Gravitic Horn (Massive Frontal AoE Percentage based damage will take you to red HP) and Quake Blast (High AoE damage and strip) frequently below 25%, which makes it difficult to damage him due to TP and gear loss.
- Players need to avoid being in Gravitic Horn's frontal damage area due to Draw-in to reduce damage taken.
- Sacrosanctity is amazingly useful in the last 25% as it reduces Gravitic Horn to a non-issue
You Might Also Like These Articles