Are you considering returning to Final Fantasy XI? Be sure to read "Returning to Vana'diel" - our community collaborative guide!
Areas · Missions · Quests · Coalitions · Assignments
Reive · Skirmish · Delve · Incursion · Vagary · Sinister Reign
Areas · Missions · Escha · Omen
|April Update Items|
|Mog Garden · Monster Rearing · Monstrosity · Trust Magic · Unity · Ambuscade · Hard Mode Mission Battles · Master Trials||April Login Campaign|
Ark Angel GK II Battle Strategies
While it is possible to do a melee strategy, the risk of failure is higher, especially on Very Difficult. The strategy with a 99% chance of success is as follows:
- Party setup is 1x PLD/BLU, 2x RNG/NIN, 1x RDM/WHM, 1x COR, 1x BRD/WHM.
- PLD should have relic reforged gear, Repulse Mantle, PDT rings (preferably Defending Ring and augmented Dark Ring), and Ochain. PLD should never change gear.
- RNGs should have Annihilators and use Coronach.
- BRD does Nightingale/Troubadour Soul Voice Archer's Prelude, Hunter's Prelude, Minuets 5, 4, (and 3 if have 99 Daurdabla) on the RNGs and COR on the stairs where you can see Ark Angel GK.
- BRD does Nightingale/Troubadour Soul Voice Victory March (March x2 if have 99 Daurdabla), Ballad x2, Scherzo on PLD, RDM, and himself.
- COR should do Hunter's Roll and Courser's Roll.
- RNG and COR should use Riverfin Soup, Kohlrouladen, Pot-au-feu, or sushi.
- BRD pulls the GK's wyvern away with elegy. COR kill it. It will repop, just kill it again.
- PLD spams Flash, Blank Gaze, and Jettatura on GK. Be sure to maintain self buffs.
- RDM does Dia III on GK, Flurry II on RNGs and COR, Refresh II on PLD (and Haste if BRD does not have 99 Daurdabla).
- BRD try to land Carnage Elegy and Foe Requiem VII on GK.
- Both the RDM and BRD should be curing the PLD, but really the PLD should be taking very little damage and able to cure himself.
- RNGs use Decoy Shot and stay at least 15 yalms away at all times.
- COR needs to be very careful with hate, especially at the beginning. Recommend COR not damage GK until a couple WSs from the RNG. For the most part, COR should just focus on keeping the GK's wyvern dead.
- PLD should only do the WS Atonement. If max damage is not achieved, notify rest of party so they can back off on damage (usually COR is the culprit of pulling hate).
- RNGs should use Overkill right from the start once Decoy Shot is used and PLD has used Sentinel.