Are you considering returning to Final Fantasy XI? Be sure to read "Returning to Vana'diel" - our community collaborative guide!
Areas · Missions · Quests · Coalitions · Assignments
Reive · Skirmish · Delve · Incursion · Vagary · Sinister Reign
Areas · Missions · Escha · Omen
|July Update Items|
|Mog Garden · Monster Rearing · Monstrosity · Trust Magic · Unity · Ambuscade · Hard Mode Mission Battles · Master Trials||July Login Campaign|
Ark Angel HM II Battle Strategies
While it is possible to do a melee strategy, the risk of failure is higher, especially on Very Difficult. The strategy with a 99% chance of success is as follows:
- Party setup is 1x PLD/BLU, 2x RNG/NIN, 1x RDM/WHM, 1x COR, 1x BRD/WHM.
- PLD should have relic reforged gear, Repulse Mantle, PDT rings (preferably Defending Ring and augmented Dark Ring), Ochain, and Aegis. PLD should never change gear except from Ochain to Aegis at 10% HM HP.
- RNGs should have Annihilators and use Coronach.
- BRD does Nightingale/Troubadour Soul Voice Archer's Prelude, Hunter's Prelude, Minuets 5, 4, (and 3 if have 99 daurdabla) on the RNGs and COR on the stairs where you can see HM.
- BRD does Nightingale/Troubadour Soul Voice Victory March (March x2 if have 99 daurdabla), Ballad x2, Scherzo on PLD, RDM, and himself.
- COR should do Hunter's Roll and Courser's Roll.
- RNG and COR should use Riverfin Soup, Kohlrouladen, Pot-au-feu, or sushi.
PLD goes in after casting Phalanx, Reprisal, Crusade, Enlight, and Cocoon. Flashes the HM and uses Sentinel.
- PLD spams Flash, Blank Gaze, and Jettatura on HM. Be sure to maintain self buffs.
- RDM does Dia3 on HM (make sure HM shadows does not absorb), Flurry2 on RNGs and COR, Refresh2 on PLD (and Haste if BRD does not have 99 daurdabla). Expect to be casting paralyna and poisona on PLD.
- BRD try to land Carnage Elegy and Foe Requiem7 on HM (make sure HM shadows does not absorb). Expect to be casting paralyna and poisona on PLD.
- Both the RDM and BRD should be curing the PLD, but really the PLD should be taking very little damage and able to cure himself.
- RNGs use Decoy Shot and stay at least 15 yalms away at all times.
- COR needs to be very careful with hate, especially at the beginning. Recommend COR not damage HM until a couple WSs from the RNG.
- PLD should only do the WS Atonement. If max damage is not achieved, notify rest of party so they can back off on damage (usually COR is the culprit of pulling hate).
- RNGs should use Overkill right from the start once Decoy Shot is used and PLD has used Sentinel.
- PLD switches to Aegis at 10% HM HP and uses Rampart.
WARNING: At 15% HM HP, everyone other than the PLD needs to move more than 20 yalms away to prevent death from Mijin Gakure.