Considering returning to Final Fantasy XI? Be sure to read "Returning to Vana'diel" - our community collaborative guide!
Already returned? Welcome back! Be sure to read "Quickstart 1-119" - our guide for a complete journey from level 1 to 119!
Areas · Missions · Quests · Coalitions · Assignments
Reive · Skirmish · Delve · Incursion · Vagary · Sinister Reign
Areas · Missions · Escha · Domain Invasion · Geas Fete · Omen
Ambuscade · Dynamis Divergence · Unity · High-Tier Mission Battlefields · Master Trials · Monstrosity
|Trust Magic · Mog Garden · Monster Rearing · Job Points · Crafting · Guides||November Update Items|
| Ultimate Weapons|
Ark Angel MR II Battle Strategies
While it is possible to do a melee strategy, the risk of failure is higher, especially on Very Difficult. The strategy with a 99% chance of success is as follows:
- Party setup is 1x PLD/BLU, 2x RNG/NIN, 1x RDM/WHM, 1x COR, 1x BRD/WHM.
- PLD should have relic reforged gear, Repulse Mantle, PDT rings (preferably Defending Ring and augmented Dark Ring), Ochain, and Aegis. PLD should never change gear except from Ochain to Aegis at 25% MR HP.
- RNGs should have Annihilators and use Coronach.
- BRD does Nightingale/Troubadour Soul Voice Archer's Prelude, Hunter's Prelude, Minuets 5, 4, (and 3 if have 99 daurdabla) on the RNGs and COR on the stairs where you can see MR.
- BRD does Nightingale/Troubadour Soul Voice Victory March (March x2 if have 99 daurdabla), Ballad x2, Scherzo on PLD, RDM, and himself.
- COR should do Hunter's Roll and Courser's Roll.
- RNG and COR should use Riverfin Soup, Kohlrouladen, Pot-au-feu, or sushi.
PLD goes in after casting Phalanx, Reprisal, Crusade, Enlight, and Cocoon. Flashes the MR and uses Sentinel.
- BRD pulls the MR's pet away with elegy and then either Lullaby or RDM sleep it. If cannot, then RNGs just kill it.
- PLD spams Flash, Blank Gaze, and Jettatura on MR. Be sure to maintain self buffs.
- RDM does Dia3 on MR, Flurry2 on RNGs and COR, Refresh2 on PLD (and Haste if BRD does not have 99 daurdabla).
- BRD try to land Carnage Elegy and Foe Requiem7 on MR.
- Both the RDM and BRD should be curing the PLD, but really the PLD should be taking very little damage and able to cure himself.
- RNGs use Decoy Shot and stay at least 15 yalms away at all times.
- COR needs to be very careful with hate, especially at the beginning. Recommend COR not damage MR until a couple WSs from the RNG.
- PLD should only do the WS Atonement. If max damage is not achieved, notify rest of party so they can back off on damage (usually COR is the culprit of pulling hate).
- PLD must use Fealty at 52% MR HP in order to prevent being charmed. At 50% MR HP the RNGs use Overkill to get MR to use charm before Fealty wears off.
- PLD switches to Aegis at 27% MR HP and uses Rampart.