Are you considering returning to Final Fantasy XI? Be sure to read "Returning to Vana'diel" - our community collaborative guide!
Areas · Missions · Quests · Coalitions · Assignments
Reive · Skirmish · Delve · Incursion · Vagary · Sinister Reign
Areas · Missions · Escha · Omen
|January Update Items|
|Mog Garden · Monstrosity · Trust Magic · Unity · Ambuscade · Hard Mode Mission Battles · Master Trials · Ultimate Weapons||January Login Campaign|
From BG FFXI Wiki
- Completing the optional quest Divine Might takes the place of this mission. It offers item rewards. It is also repeatable. The actual mission itself, however, is not.
- Ru'Aun Gardens is mostly safe from all aggro, except for the dolls which stand on blue pads, set in walls. Stay on the other side of the path from these and you'll be entirely safe. Everything detects magic except for birds.
- There are 5 BC fights to complete this mission, each spread out across the entire zone. Take the red portals to get to the appropriate towers that you see around the outside edge of the zone. It might be best to ask a friend who has access to sky to show you how it works, as it can be very overwhelming and confusing the first time there.
- Visit each of the towers and zone inside, the BC area is called La'Loff Amphitheater.
- You will be facing 5 Ark Angels, who you first saw in the Throne Room, as each of the 5 races wearing black armor and have very pale, ghostly faces. Divine Might combines all 5 Ark Angels in a single fight, fought as an alliance. The mission itself, however, is individual fights, in 6 person BCs.
- At each tower, you'll have some time to prepare, and then enter to face off against the Ark Angel. Each tower is specific, so you'll need to visit them all. Each Ark Angel has 2 jobs, and can use the full abilities of each, as well as their respective weapons weaponskills.
- Can use Perfect Dodge and Charm.
- Uses the unique WS Havoc Spiral which does AoE damage (~100-300) and has an additional effect of Sleep. Absorbed by Utsusemi.
- Will summon a pet, usually a tiger, but can be a Mandragora as well. Sleep the pet and ignore it.
- Can Charm your tank regardless of whether or not her pet is still alive, so plan accordingly.
- Can use Invincible and Benediction.
- Uses the unique WS Dominion Slash which does AoE damage (~100-300) and has an additional effect of Silence. Absorbed by Utsusemi. Recommended to bring Echo Drops. It can also dispel buffs.
- Uses the unique ability Shield Strike which is a cone attack that does ~100 damage and Stun.
- Take care to avoid Spirits Within, as it can easily destroy your tank. Gravity and Bind and kite the NM is typically the best strategy.
- Can use Mighty Strikes and Mijin Gakure.
- Uses the unique WS Cross Reaver which does cone damage (~500-900) and has an additional effect of Stun.
- The biggest single fear in this fight is Mijin Gakure, which can easily spell a wipe if used at high HP. Barfira, Shell and any other damage mitigation spells/Blood Pacts will help keep you alive. Beyond that, simply survive and defeat him.