Missions • Quests • Coalitions • Assignments • Reive
Skirmish • Delve • Incursion • Vagary • Sinister Reign • Apex
Missions • Escha • Domain Invasion • Geas Fete • Omen
Ambuscade • Dynamis Divergence • High-Tier Mission Battlefields • Master Trials • Monstrosity • Unity • Odyssey • A.M.A.N. Trove
|Guides • Trust Magic • Mog Garden • Monster Rearing • Job Points • Crafting|
|Ultimate Weapons • Ultimate Augments • Escutcheons||Latest Update Items|
From BG FFXI Wiki
|Staging Point:||Ilrusi Atoll|
|Start NPC:||Bhoy Yhupplo in Aht Urhgan Whitegate (L-9/L-10)|
|Assault Rank:||First Lieutenant|
|Objective:||Defeat Khimaira 14X|
|Mission Orders:||Troll mercenary leader Martial Maestro Megomak has completed his newest creation, the Khimaira 14X, and taken it to Ilrusi Atoll for combat testing. You are to locate the abomination and exterminate it.|
|Time Limit:||30 minutes||Recommended Lv.||Lvl. 70|
|?||Martial Maestro Megomak||Ilrusi Atoll||Yes||Yes||
|?||Khimaira 14X||Ilrusi Atoll||Yes||Yes||
- This Assault seems to be similar to the ENM, Pulling the Strings, but it isn't. Martial Maestro Megomak can (and will) attack you, and you can attack him. It is much easier to have someone kite Megomak and focus on killing Khimaira. This helps tremondously with its TP moves.
- Both Martial Maestro Megomak and Khimaira 14X are immune to stun.
- Khimaira 14X is easier to debuff than the real Khimaira. Elegy and Paralyze can still be somewhat difficult to land though. Slow has been reported resisted even with Elemental Seal. Khimaira 14X is also immune to threnodies for some odd reason.
- Throughout the fight Martial Maestro Megomak, like most Moblins, will roll dice. What he rolls determines which weaponskill Khimaira 14X will use. The incomplete list of rolls are as follows:
- 2 - Tourbillion - AoE physical damage, knock back, and defense down. Absorbed by 3 shadows. It is highly recommended your melee have Utsusemi, as this move can one-shot them.
- 3 - Tenebrous Mist - AoE TP reset.
- 4 - Thunderstrike - AoE Stun with moderate thunder damage. Goes through shadows.
- 5 - Dreadstorm - AoE Terrorize with moderate thunder damage. Wipes shadows.
- 6 - Fossilizing Breath - Conal Petrify.
- 7 - Plague Swipe - Physical Damage, Bio.
- 8 - Fulmination - AoE Paralyze and Stun with heavy thunder damage. This move has a very potent paralyze, it is recommended you remove it quickly.
- 9 - Tenebrous Mist - AoE TP reset.
- 10 - Thunderstrike - AoE Stun with moderate thunder damage. Goes through shadows.
- 11 - Dreadstorm - AoE Terrorize with moderate thunder damage. Wipes shadows.
- 12 - Fossilizing Breath - Conal petrification.
- If you are standing in locations that are out of range for certain moves (Not behind for Plague Swipe; On the front left paw for Thunderstrike), those moves will fail to be used if they are rolled.
- Khimaira 14X cannot use Fulmination without Martial Maestro Megomak above 25% or until he has warped.
- Martial Maestro Megomak will warp when his HP is low or after Khimaira 14X has been defeated.
Defeat Martial Maestro Megomak, then Khimaira 14X.