Missions • Quests • Coalitions • Assignments • Reive
Skirmish • Delve • Incursion • Vagary • Sinister Reign • Apex
Missions • Escha • Domain Invasion • Geas Fete • Omen
Ambuscade • Dynamis Divergence • High-Tier Mission Battlefields • Master Trials • Monstrosity • Unity • Odyssey • A.M.A.N. Trove
|Guides • Trust Magic • Mog Garden • Monster Rearing • Job Points • Crafting|
|Ultimate Weapons • Ultimate Augments • Escutcheons||Latest Update Items|
Better Than One
From BG FFXI Wiki
|Better Than One|
|Staging Point:||Lebros Cavern|
|Start NPC:||Famad in Aht Urhgan Whitegate (L-9/L-10)|
|Assault Rank:||First Lieutenant|
|Objective:||Recently there have been multiple reports of a three-headed beast attacking traders en route to Al Zahbi. You are to travel to its rumoured lair in the Lebros Cavern and slay the monster.|
|Mission Orders:||Defeat Black Shuck|
|Time Limit:||30 minutes||Recommended Lv.||Lvl. 70|
|?||Black Shuck||Lebros Cavern||Yes||No||
|?||Nocuous Inferno||Lebros Cavern||Yes||No||
- Black Shuck is very similar to regular Cerberus, just with much less hp.
- Black Shuck will use Draw-In.
- Support should position themselves in the tunnel to the north-east of Black Shuck's position to minimise elemental agro.
- Black Shuck will use regular Cerberus weaponskills, in addition to using a 'Howl' move, during which he will take no damage. This howl switches to one of four possible attack modes.
- Summons 8 Nocuous Infernos.
- Magma Hoplon style Blaze Spikes.
- Gates of Hades. After Gates of Hades has been used as a Howl move it can be used as a regular TP move.
- High accuracy and attack, but cannot use abilities.
- The most dangerous part of this Assault is when the Nocuous Infernos are summoned. They will not spawn with hate but they do aggro magic, if possible it should be avoided having any casting jobs on the front line, so that only a few elementals will be aggro'd by your casters in the tunnel. These can then be kited around until they despawn.
Defeat Black Shuck.