Be sure to read "Returning to Vana'diel" - our guide of changes to the game!
Already returned? Welcome back! Check out "Quickstart 1-119" - for a complete journey from level 1 to 119!
Areas • Missions • Quests • Coalitions • Assignments • Reive
Skirmish • Delve • Incursion • Vagary • Sinister Reign • Apex
Areas • Missions • Escha • Domain Invasion • Geas Fete • Omen
Ambuscade • Dynamis Divergence • Unity • A.M.A.N. Trove • High-Tier Mission Battlefields • Master Trials • Monstrosity
|Guides • Trust Magic • Mog Garden • Monster Rearing • Job Points • Crafting||November Update Items|
| Ultimate Weapons • Ultimate Augments|
Blazing Buffalos Guide
|2018||Monday, September 3 at 1:00 a.m. (PDT) to Saturday, September 17, at 7:59 a.m. (PDT)|
About the Event
Wild buffaloes prowl the following areas during the duration of the event. Round them up and bring them to the nearby moogles for a variety of rewards!
To begin, speak to the moogles located in the corresponding areas to learn about the event:
- North Gustaberg (L-8) / South Gustaberg (L-8)
While participating in the event, players will be unable to attack or be attacked by monsters.
- Changing areas or logging out will remove these restrictions.
Speak to one of the moogles at the gate listed above and select "I reckon I will" to receive level cap status and a Bovine Brand Card, which keeps track of your points earned. The goal is to herd buffaloes to the moogles located:
- West Ronfaure (G-9) / East Ronfaure (I-7/I-8)
- North Gustaberg (G-9) / South Gustaberg (H-9)
- West Sarutabaruta (H-6) / East Sarutabaruta (I-7)
There are three types of Buffaloes in this event:
- Bulls: Move around at an enhanced speed. They will charge at you if you are in front of them and use Cattlepult, which will warp you to the nearby town. Bulls also scare away cows and calves that you are herding.
- You may use the enhancement from the Drover's Mantle to dodge Cattlepult, but you must time it well as the effect is only active for a short time.
- Cows: These will move away from you. If approached from the front, they will smack you with a knock back. Standing near one will grant you the scent of a buffalo.
- Calves: Move at a reduced movement speed. Once you smell strongly of Buffalo they will follow you. However, they quickly lose interest if you move too far ahead of them.
- While players with ordinary movement speed may be able to pull off using /follow on a cow to heard them while keeping the calves following. Players with enhanced movement speed using /follow on a cow may still lose the calves. Essentially making walking (/ key) required.
Note: Chigoe NPCs are also present in the field. They will scare away your cattle. Clicking on them will defeat and despawn them.
Select "Mosey on home" from the Moogle you are herding towards to remove the level cap status and end the event. You may then trade your Bovine Brand Card to exchange for items.
Points will accumulate throughout rounds, so you do not need to earn them in one sitting.
- Calves: 1 Point each.
- Turning in three calves in a quick succession may reward bonus points.
- Cows: 7 Points each.
- 3 Cows from the same herd will reward 4 extra points.
- 5 Cows from the same herd will reward another 4 extra points.
- 7 Cows from the same herd will reward another 4 extra points, so on and so forth.
Successfully wrangling a buffalo will reward players with a special currency that can be exchanged for the following items.
| 2 Points|
Transforms you into a Chigoe.
| 10 Points|
Transforms you into a Chigoe.
| 30 Points|
Transforms you into a Baby Buffalo.