Missions • Quests • Coalitions • Assignments • Reive
Skirmish • Delve • Incursion • Vagary • Sinister Reign • Apex
Missions • Escha • Domain Invasion • Geas Fete • Omen
Ambuscade • A.M.A.N. Trove • Dynamis Divergence • High-Tier Mission Battlefields • Master Trials • Monstrosity • Unity
|Guides • Trust Magic • Mog Garden • Monster Rearing • Job Points • Crafting|
|Ultimate Weapons • Ultimate Augments • Escutcheons||Latest Update Items|
Blood and Glory
From BG FFXI Wiki
- Speaking with Shantotto will grant you the key item Weapons Training Guide as well as the Pole of Trials. You will need to break the latent on the Pole of Trials before completing the rest of the quest.
- Breaking the Latent
- You must accumulate 300 points by using the Pole of Trials to do Weapon Skills and Skillchains on monsters that are at least Easy Prey.
- You will know when the latent is broken if its bonus stats disappear when you unequip and reequip the Pole of Trials. You can also check to see if the elemental resistances have disappeared from your stats.
- Trade the Pole of Trials back to Shantotto. This will give you the key item Map to the Annals of Truth. You will be instructed to travel to Ifrit's Cauldron.
- Take Ifrit's Cauldron HP #1 to map 7. Run south then north to fall off the lip at J-4. Then run south to transition M at J-8. Then north to the ???.
- Alternatively, if you don't have the HP.
- Take silent oil, prism powder and an ice cluster and head to Yhoator Jungle (I-5/6). Enter Ifrit's Cauldron directly to the north.
- Inside Ifrit's Cauldron, follow the path to the first junction and go north. Cool the Flame Spout with the ice cluster and continue west along the path until you arrive at a large circular room. Go south along the ledge and drop down at (I-7/8).
- Once you drop, there will be a tunnel to your southeast. Go in. The ??? to spawn the NM is in the center of the bridge directly north. Clear away the bats and the bomb if you need to before spawning the NM.