Missions • Quests • Coalitions • Assignments • Reive
Skirmish • Delve • Incursion • Vagary • Sinister Reign • Apex
Missions • Escha • Domain Invasion • Geas Fete • Omen
Ambuscade • A.M.A.N. Trove • Dynamis Divergence • High-Tier Mission Battlefields • Master Trials • Monstrosity • Unity
|Guides • Trust Magic • Mog Garden • Monster Rearing • Job Points • Crafting|
|Ultimate Weapons • Ultimate Augments • Escutcheons||Latest Update Items|
An Enchantment is a usable effect bestowed upon a piece of equipment that can grant a certain benefit to the user. In terms of effects, enchantments come in several types.
- Status effects or other restoration granted to or by the user
- Spell or ability activation on or by the user
- Item or gil granted to or by the user
Most enchantments are self-targeted, but some can be targeted to other players or to enemies.
The help text for an enchantment appears in the following format:
<1/1 0:30/[10:00, 0:30]>
In order of meaning
- The first number denotes the remaining number of uses over the original number of uses (e.g. 8/10 would be a 10 use item with 8 uses remaining). If the number is 1/1, it means that the item has an infinite use enchantment and can never be depleted.
- The first timer, outside of the brackets, is the remaining time until the enchantment can be used or reused. This number stops counting down when it reaches the "Equip Delay" time, which is the number on the far left.
- The first timer inside the brackets is the re-use timer limiting the amount of successive uses.
- The second timer inside the brackets is the duration for which the item must be equipped before the enchantment can be activated.
An enchantment can be activated when its help text becomes blue. Upon full depletion of a limited use enchantment, the help text will become red, denoting that it can no longer be activated. In terms of remaining uses, there are two different types of enchantments:
- Infinite use enchantments: Infinite use enchantments can be used as many times as desired and are only limited by the reuse timer of the equipment. For example, Ankylosis Wand can be used once every 10 minutes to bestow a Bind effect upon the user and will never be depleted. It must be equipped for 30 seconds before the enchantment can be activated.
- Limited use enchantments: Limited use enchantments can only be used a certain number of times until the enchantment is completely depleted. For example, the Wailing Belt can be used once every 8 hours to dispense random skirmish stones, and will be depleted after 100 uses. It must be equipped for 5 seconds before the enchantment can be activated.
- Note that items with limited use enchantments can only be sold on the auction house if the enchantment has not been used. However, they can be sold to NPCs for the same value regardless of the number of remaining enchantments (a fully depleted enchanted item will sell to NPCs for the same price as a full enchanted item, as long as it can be sold to an NPC).
Pages in category "Enchantment"
The following 200 pages are in this category, out of 389 total.(previous 200) (next 200)