Considering returning to Final Fantasy XI? Be sure to read "Returning to Vana'diel" - our community collaborative guide!
Already returned? Welcome back! Be sure to read "Quickstart 1-119" - our guide for a complete journey from level 1 to 119!
Areas · Missions · Quests · Coalitions · Assignments
Reive · Skirmish · Delve · Incursion · Vagary · Sinister Reign
Areas · Missions · Escha · Domain Invasion · Geas Fete · Omen
Ambuscade · Dynamis Divergence · Unity · High-Tier Mission Battlefields · Master Trials · Monstrosity
|Trust Magic · Mog Garden · Monster Rearing · Job Points · Crafting · Guides||November Update Items|
| Ultimate Weapons|
Were you looking for Song Potency?
Songs make up a general magic category available only to bard. Unlike other types of magic, there are two components that together determine the skill value for a song's effectiveness - singing skill and instrument skill. There are two different instrument skills--wind and string--and the type used in the calculation is that of the currently equipped instrument. The combined singing and equipped instrument skill is typically referred to as "combined skill" and is the value used to determine the potency and accuracy of bard songs. It is not entirely clear how song Magic Accuracy is calculated, although it depends on CHR and combined skill multiplied by a scaling factor.
Additionally, unlike other types of magic, songs cannot be interrupted by being struck by an enemy's attack while casting a song, so song skills have no effect on spell interruption.
There are two types of bard songs - party-targeted buffing songs and enemy-targeted debuffing songs. By default, with an instrument equipped, a Bard can place two active buffing songs on party members; any additional casted songs will overwrite the songs with the shortest remaining duration. Without an instrument equipped (e.g. with bard as a sub job), the number of buffing songs a player can cast is limited to one song. The Daurdabla (Level 99) allow a bard to cast up to two additional buffing songs for up to four total. Similarly, Terpander and lower level Daurdablas allow a bard to cast one additional buffing song, and the Camaraderie Harp allows one additional buffing song effect to be applied during Reive battles.
The same song cannot be reapplied until its current remaining duration is less than its base (unenhanced) duration. Unique songs will always overwrite a currently active song, but they will only overwrite the song with the lowest remaining duration.
Skill caps by job
|Job||Grade||Level 49||Level 99|
- The values above are the same for each of singing, wind instrument, and string instrument skills.
- See Bard for a complete list of bard songs sorted by usable level.
- Bard song bonuses on equipment fall into several categories:
- Skill bonuses: Directly adds to the player's singing, wind instrument, or string instrument skill (see table below)
- Song spellcasting time reduction: Reduces casting time of all songs by the percentage listed; stacks with other forms of casting time reduction (see table below)
- Song recast delay reduction: Reduces base recast time of all songs by the number of seconds listed; stacks with other forms of recast delay reduction (see table below)
- Song duration increase: Increases duration of all songs by the percentage listed; stacks with Troubadour (see table below)
- Song-specific bonuses: Increases the potency and/or duration of a specific type of song (e.g. "Scherzo" +1, "Paeon" +3, etc.) (see individual song or song sub-category pages)
Song Spellcasting Reduction
|Minstrel's Ring||50||Ring||BRD||25% (Latent)|
|Aoidos' Calot +2||85||Head||BRD||12%|
|Praeco Doublet||97||Body||WHM BLM RDM BRD SMN BLU PUP SCH||10%|
|Yigit Gomlek||72||Body||WHM BLM RDM BRD SMN BLU SCH||10%|
|Aoidos' Calot +1||85||Head||BRD||8%|
|Bihu Slippers +1||99||Feet||BRD||8%|
|Marduk's Dastanas +1||99||Hands||WHM BRD SMN||7%|
|Bard's Slippers +2||90||Feet||BRD||6%|
|Bokwus Boots||99||Feet||WHM BLM RDM BRD SMN SCH GEO||6%|
|Aneirin's Gloves||99||Hands||WHM BLM RDM BRD SMN BLU PUP SCH||5%|
|Gendewitha Spats||99||Legs||WHM RDM BRD SCH||5%|
|Gendewitha Spats +1||99||Legs||WHM RDM BRD SCH||5%|
|Praeco Beret||97||Head||WHM BLM RDM BRD SMN BLU PUP SCH||5%|
|Zenith Slacks +1||73||Legs||WHM BLM RDM BRD SMN||4% (max)|
|Zenith Slacks||73||Legs||WHM BLM RDM BRD SMN||3% (max)|
Song Recast Delay Reduction
|Iaso Cuffs||99||Hands||WHM RDM BRD SCH||7|
|Aoidos' Rhingrave +2||83||Legs||BRD||6|
|Aoidos' Rhingrave +1||83||Legs||BRD||4|
|Paean Cuffs||99||Hands||WHM RDM BRD SCH||4|
|Volunteer's Nails||70||Feet||MNK WHM RDM THF PLD BST BRD RNG DRG SMN BLU COR PUP DNC||4 (Besieged)|
|Harmony Cape||78||Back||WHM BLM RDM BRD SMN BLU PUP SCH||3|
|Shedir Turban||99||Head||WHM BLM RDM BRD SMN BLU SCH||3|
|Blitzer Poleyn||75||Legs||WAR PLD DRK SAM DRG||3|
|Desultor Tassets||75||Legs||MNK THF BST RNG NIN BLU COR PUP DNC||3|
|Tatsumaki Sitagoromo||75||Legs||WHM BLM RDM BRD SMN SCH||3|
|Corvax Sash||92||Waist||MNK WHM BLM RDM PLD BRD RNG SMN BLU PUP SCH||2|
Song Effect Duration
- The base duration of a party buff song is 120 seconds.
- All song effect duration bonuses are additive percentages of the base duration, NOT multiplicative!
- Troubadour's double duration bonus is added after all other duration bonuses are applied.
- This list does not include specific song bonuses, however, they do extend the duration as well as potency of appropriate songs.
- For example, Ballad +1 on Fili Rhingrave +1 would extend Ballad by 10%, or 12 seconds, in addition to enhancing its potency by 1.
- Song duration equipment does affect offensive debuff durations!
- Lastly, some equipment simple says "Song effect duration +10" while others say "Song effect duration +10%". Whether there is a % sign or not, these values are the same.
This category has the following 18 subcategories, out of 18 total.
Pages in category "Song"
The following 106 pages are in this category, out of 106 total.