From BG FFXI Wiki
| Chasing Shadows
||Rongelouts N Distaud, Southern San d'Oria (S)
||Wings of the Goddess
||Disturbing rumors of the late Count Aurchiat's return from the grave have stirred disquiet among the Cardinal Stags. Hasten to their Xarcabard encampment and uncover the truth behind the ominous tidings.
- Speak to Rongelouts N Distaud in Southern San d'Oria (S) for a cutscene to begin the quest.
- Zone in to Xarcabard (S) from Beaucedine Glacier (S) for a cutscene.
- Examine the Backfilled Pit in Xarcabard (S) at (F-8).
- West side of (F-8), lower level.
- Examine the Compact Footprint in Southeast corner of (H-8).
- Examine the Sunken Footprint at (H-6)
- Examine the Compact Footprint at (H-8) again.
- Zone into Batallia Downs (S) from Beaucedine Glacier (S) for a cutscene.
- Examine the Fresh Snowmelt in Batallia Downs (S) at (H-5) for a cutscene.
- Examine the Fresh Snowmelt again to spawn an NM.
- You have 30 minutes to defeat the Mannequin NM named Menechme. You will be assisted by Excenmille.
- Menechme uses Polearm weaponskills, the most dangerous being Penta Thrust.
- Excenmille will occasionally use a skill called Stag's Cry that will give himself a temporary attack boost and magic attack bonus. Excenmille will also do several unique weaponskills such as Songbird Swoop, Gyre Strike, and Stag's Charge that do damage.
- You can win the BC fairly easily by simply curing Excenmille while avoiding getting hate on Menechme.
- Once Menechme is defeated, examine the Fresh Snowmelt for a cutscene and your reward.
You Might Also Like These Articles