Be sure to read "Returning to Vana'diel" - our guide of changes to the game!
Already returned? Welcome back! Check out "Quickstart 1-119" - for a complete journey from level 1 to 119!
Areas • Missions • Quests • Coalitions • Assignments • Reive
Skirmish • Delve • Incursion • Vagary • Sinister Reign • Apex
Areas • Missions • Escha • Domain Invasion • Geas Fete • Omen
Ambuscade • Dynamis Divergence • Unity • High-Tier Mission Battlefields • Master Trials • Monstrosity
|Guides • Trust Magic • Mog Garden • Monster Rearing • Job Points • Crafting||July Update Items|
| Ultimate Weapons|
From BG FFXI Wiki
|Job Ability Information|
|Description||Optimizes black magic capability while lowering white magic proficiency. Grants a bonus to enfeebling, elemental, and dark magic.|
|Cumulative Enmity||1||Volatile Enmity||80|
|Command||/ja "Dark Arts" <me>|
- Along with Light Arts, Dark Arts is one of two grimoires available to scholars. Once activated, Dark Arts cannot be removed except by zoning, dying, or applying Light Arts.
- Grants a bonus to Dark Magic, Elemental Magic, and Enfeebling Magic. The bonus is equivalent to the amount required to bring the skill ranking to a B+ grade. Magic skills that are above this rating will not be enhanced. Bonuses from merits are not included in this calculation. This also applies when subbed, skill ranking will raise to a B+ ranking of your MAIN job.
- Reduces casting costs of black magic-based spells by 10% (rounded down, spells with casting cost of 9 MP or less are not affected). The MP cost of White Magic-based spells is increased in by 20% (rounded up).
- Cuts effective casting time and recast of black magic spells by approximately 10%.
- Increases casting time of white magic spells by approximately 20%.
- Dark Arts provides a bonus to the Helix line of spells. Source
- The bonus is (Job level/5)-3 damage (initial and per tick, +16 at level 99). Source
- Recast timer can be reduced by up to 10 seconds with scholar-specific Grimoire Recast merits (2 seconds per merit).
- There is no recast timer while Tabula Rasa is in effect.
|Equipment Modifying Ability...|
|Scholar's Gown||Gives a 15 Skill bonus to Dark, Elemental, and Enfeebling Magic.|
|Scholar's Gown +1||Gives a 15 Skill bonus to Dark, Elemental, and Enfeebling Magic.|
|Scholar's Loafers||Casting time and recast -5% without Alacrity/Manifestation|
|Scholar's Loafers +1||Casting time and recast -5% without Alacrity/Manifestation|
|Argute Mortarboard||Casting time and recast -5% without Alacrity/Manifestation|
|Argute Mortarboard +1||Casting time and recast -5% without Alacrity/Manifestation|
|Argute Mortarboard +2||Casting time and recast -10% without Alacrity/Manifestation|
|Academic's Gown||Gives a 18 Skill bonus to Dark, Elemental, and Enfeebling Magic.|
|Academic's Loafers||Casting time and recast -8% without Alacrity/Manifestation|