Egg Hunt Guide
This guide is up to date for the following year's Egg Hunt activities:
The Egg Hunt is an event where players are tasked to gather a certain combination of "Initial Eggs". Each of these eggs represent one letter of the alphabet.
Your goal is to "Hunt" for these eggs to spell certain combinations. See more on that below.
In each city, two Moogles are placed in different locations who hand out eggs. See below for their locations:
- Note: The Moogle in Bastok Mines is actually at (H-9), not (I-9) like the map below shows.
- Bastok Markets (G-8)
By speaking to the moogles, you will receive one free, albeit random, egg per Vana'diel day.
- You can also trade eggs with fellow adventurers, or purchase from Bazaars.
Your first task is to obtain your First 3 combination, which means the first 3 letters of your character's name. As an example, if your character name is "Moogle", you will have to gather an "M" Egg, and two "O" Eggs. The reward is the Egg Helm.
- Note: If you already own an Egg Helm from a previous year, you can skip this step and retrieve the helm. The moogle will continue to ask you for your First 3, but you can instead trade other advanced combinations.
By partying up with other adventurers, the Moogle will offer you a choice of picking the egg of the first letter of the other adventurer's name.
- If the adventurer you team up with is wearing an Egg Helm, you receive their first letter plus an additional random egg.
- If you do not want a first letter, you can still choose to obtain a random egg instead. Regardless of which option you pick, it still counts as your freebie for the day.
By trading items in the shape of eggs to the Moogles, you can receive additional eggs.
- Only one additional trade per Vana'diel day can be performed.
- If you trade an item to receive two or more eggs, the eggs you obtain in return will always the same initial.
|Item Name||Quantity Required||Initial Eggs Received|
In addition to trading certain egg-shaped items, one random egg per Vana'diel day can be obtained by:
The following table is a complete list of all items obtainable in the Egg Hunt event. Use the "Obtainment Method" column on the right along with the following two sections on this page to see how to obtain each item.
|Reward Type||Name||Obtainment Method|
|Furnishing||Prinseggstarta||Round 4: Region First 5|
|Egg Buffet||See Below|
|Egg Lantern|| Round 3: Region First 5
Weekday (If you have Orphic Egg)
|Egg Stool||Round 2: Region First 5 (San d'Oria)|
|Egg Table||Round 2: Region First 5 (Bastok)|
|Egg Locker||Round 2: Region First 5 (Windurst)|
|Hatchling Egg||Round 1: Region First 5 (Windurst)|
|Clockwork Egg||Round 1: Region First 5 (Bastok)|
|Melodious Egg||Round 1: Region First 5 (San d'Oria)|
|Jeweled Egg||10,000 Gil from Moogle Stalls|
|Flower Egg||10,000 Gil from Moogle Stalls|
|Lamp Egg||10,000 Gil from Moogle Stalls|
|Wing Egg||10,000 Gil from Moogle Stalls|
|Shield||Hatchling Shield||10,000 Gil from Moogle Stalls|
|Head||Egg Helm||First 3|
|Rabbit Cap||Easter Bunny|
|Fortune Egg|| 7 of a Kind
Initial Straight 8
|Happy Egg||Obtained from speaking to an Event Moogle for the first time|
|Medicine||Red Drop|| Randomly rewarded for First 3 after obtaining the Egg Helm
Spell out any other elemental day
|First 3||First three letters of your character's name|
|Initial Straight 8||Eight consecutive alphabetical letters beginning with the first letter of your name|
|7 of a Kind||Seven eggs of the same letter|
|Region First 5||First five letters in the name of a region under control of the nation that you are participating in the event.|
|Weekday|| The name of the same elemental day you turn over the items to a moogle.
Any different element day spelt out.
|Easter Bunny||Spell either "RABBIT", "HARE", or "BUNNY"|
The Weekday combination is not as hard as you may think. Below are the combinations that work.
|Firesday||F, I, R, E|
|Earthsday||E, A, R, T, H|
|Watersday||W, A, T, E, R|
|Windsday||A, I, R|
|Iceday||I, C, E|
|Lightningsday||T, H, U, N, D, E, R|
|Darksday||D, A, R, K|
The following items are obtained from the egg hunt event after first trading the First 3 combination of eggs and obtaining the Egg Helm:
- Round 1: Nation Eggs
- Obtained by trading the letter eggs corresponding to the first five letters of a region controlled by that nation in the national conquest. For example, if the Gustaberg region is controlled by Bastok, trading the G, U, S, T, and A eggs will result in receiving the Clockwork Egg.
- Round 2: Egg Buffet, Part I
- The egg buffet has four components. The first three components are obtained in the same way as the nation eggs from Round 1, however, the corresponding nation eggs must be in the player's possession (safe, locker, sack, or inventory), or else they will be received first. For example, if the Gustaberg region is controlled by Bastok, trading the G, U, S, T, and A eggs with the Clockwork Egg already in possession will result in receiving the Egg Table.
- Round 3: Egg Buffet, Part II
- The fourth component of the egg buffet, the Egg Lantern is obtained when the letter eggs are traded for a nation for which the player has already received the corresponding furniture items from Round 1 (nation eggs) and Round 2 (Egg Buffet components). For example, if the Gustaberg region is controlled by Bastok, trading the G, U, S, T, and A eggs with the Clockwork Egg and Egg Table already in possession will result in receiving the Egg Lantern.
- Round 4: Prinseggstarta
- The final item, Prinseggstarta is obtained when the letter eggs are traded for a nation for which the player has already received the corresponding furniture items from Rounds 1, 2, and 3. For example, if the Gustaberg region is controlled by Bastok, trading the G, U, S, T, and A eggs with the Clockwork Egg, Egg Table, and Egg Lantern already in possession will result in receiving the Prinseggstarta.
- Note: After obtaining the Egg Buffet, you can then re-obtain the individual egg furnishings afterwards.