Elemental Staves are a group of Lv.51 crafted staves that are equipable by all jobs and offer a hidden effect that is similar to, but distinct from, Magic Affinity. This hidden effect being so potent that it's not until Lv. 99+ that other staves even begin to match or exceed these staves in power.
Each staff has a DMG of 30NQ/35HQ and a delay of 366NQ/356HQ, and follows the same structure of their listed effects:
- The Base Stat associated with the element +4NQ or +5HQ. (e.g. STR for , AGI for , etc.)
- Elemental Magic Evasion +15NQ or +20HQ for the element the associated element is strong to. (e.g. for , for , etc.)
- A bonus to a Derived Stat associated with the staff's element.
- This bonus does not change in potency between NQ or HQ.
- Some elements grant bonuses that are not a Derived Stat, but are generally functionally the same.
- lacks an associated Base Stat, and as such: lacks a Derived Stat; granting MP Recovered by Healing.
- grants a bonus to Elemental Magic Skill, which translates into the general Derived Stat associated with INT: Magic Accuracy; thereby being functionally identical for Elemental Magics.
- grants a bonus to Divine Magic Skill, which translates into the general Derived Stat associated with MND: Magic Accuracy; thereby being functionally identical for Divine Magics.
- doesn't grant a bonus to the general Derived Stat of CHR: Magic Accuracy; granting a bonus to cure potency instead.
- 's general Derived Stat is Defense, being associated with VIT; however, the staff grants a Physical Damage Taken reduction instead, which is similar in function to increased Defense.
- An Enspell type additional effect of the associated element.
- There is no difference in potency between NQ or HQ staves.
Each staff's hidden effect offers a potent buff to the corresponding element that it is tied to; and an equally potent reduction to the element that the staff's element is strong against. (e.g. Fire Staff grants spells Macc+20, a damage boost of +10%, and Avatars and Spirits a reduced perpetuation cost of -2; but reduces spells Macc-20, a damage reduction of -10%, and Avatars and Spirits an increased perpetuation cost of +2.)
|Derived Stat Bonus|
|Fire||Vulcan's||Attack & Ranged Attack +10|
|Earth||Terra's||Physical Damage Taken -20%|
|Water||Neptune's||Divine Magic Skill +10|
|Ice||Aquilo's||Elemental Magic Skill +10|
|Thunder||Jupiter's||Critical Hit Rate +15%|
|Light||Apollo's||Cure Potency +10%|
|Dark||Pluto's||MP Recovered While Healing +10|
|Iridal||Chatoyant|| Cure Potency +10%|
MP Recovered While Healing +10
- Normal Quality Staves cannot be "high qualitied synergized" into a Chatoyant Staff, only the HQ Staves can be merged into the HQ unified staff.
The unified staff has a DMG of 40NQ/45HQ and a delay of 366NQ/356HQ, and has similar structure of their component staves' listed effects:
- All Base Stats +4NQ or +5HQ.
- Elemental Magic Evasion +15NQ or +20HQ for all elements.
- The Derived Stat bonus of the and staves: Cure Potency and MP Recovered by Healing.
- There is no difference in potency between NQ or HQ staff.
- In lieu of the Enspell type additional effect, the unified staves have a unique effect called Iridescence
The unified staff's hidden effect offers a potent buff to the all elements, with no penalties to an element like the component staves; the only difference being between the NQ and HQ staff:
- IridalNQ grants all spells Macc+20, a damage boost of +10%, and all Avatars and Spirits a reduced perpetuation cost of -2.
- ChatoyantHQ grants all spells Macc+30, a damage boost of +15%, and all Avatars and Spirits a reduced perpetuation cost of -3.
Pages in category "Elemental Staves"
The following 18 pages are in this category, out of 18 total.