Missions • Quests • Coalitions • Assignments • Reive
Skirmish • Delve • Incursion • Vagary • Sinister Reign • Apex
Missions • Escha • Domain Invasion • Geas Fete • Omen
Ambuscade • A.M.A.N. Trove • Dynamis Divergence • High-Tier Mission Battlefields • Master Trials • Monstrosity • Unity
|Guides • Trust Magic • Mog Garden • Monster Rearing • Job Points • Crafting|
|Ultimate Weapons • Ultimate Augments • Escutcheons||Latest Update Items|
Elementary, My Dear Sylvie
From BG FFXI Wiki
- You must have Geomancer set as your main job to get the starting cutscene from Slyvie (as well as you must be GEO to spawn the NM).
- Speak to Sylvie (I-5) Western Adoulin then travel to (J-8) Morimar Basalt Fields.
- Using the waypoint to travel to Bivouac #1 is the fastest way.
- Speak to Dabnorrin (at Bivouac #1) and receive a Vessel of summoning before heading to (K-6) Morimar Basalt Fields.
- The entrance is at (J-6) which leads to an area not shown on the map.
- Click on the Primordial Convergence from the South or West to spawn Burgeoning Flames, a NM Fire Elemental. See the discussion page for strategies.
- This is a solo fight. Others in the party cannot act on the NM except you.
- You may call Trusts during this fight if you possess the "Rhapsody in Umber" key item.
- It will not melee and instead spam low level Fire magic (Burn, Fire II, Fire III, Firaga II, etc).
- You have ten minutes to defeat the NM and will lose access to your support job upon spawning (which will wipe your buffs).
- The Burgeoning Flames has under 3800 HP.
- Caution is advised as without buffs its spells can do close to 350 damage and it casts quickly.
- Once the elemental appears your trusts disappear. Just summon the trusts again before engaging.
- Click on the Primordial Convergence again for a cutscene and your reward.
- Does not need to be completed (for level limit increasing) if the player has already completed New Worlds Await or better.