Missions • Quests • Coalitions • Assignments • Reive
Skirmish • Delve • Incursion • Vagary • Sinister Reign • Apex
Missions • Escha • Domain Invasion • Geas Fete • Omen
Ambuscade • Dynamis Divergence • High-Tier Mission Battlefields • Master Trials • Monstrosity • Unity • Odyssey • A.M.A.N. Trove
|Guides • Trust Magic • Mog Garden • Monster Rearing • Job Points • Crafting|
|Ultimate Weapons • Ultimate Augments • Escutcheons||Latest Update Items|
Escort Professor Chanoix
|Escort Professor Chanoix|
|Staging Point:||Leujaoam Sanctum|
|Start NPC:||Yahsra in Aht Urhgan Whitegate (L-9/L-10)|
|Assault Rank:||Superior Private|
|Objective:||A longhaired marid has been found frozen in the eternal ice of Leujaoam Sanctum. Escort Professor Clavauert B Chanoix to the site of the discovery.|
|Mission Orders:||Protect the Professor|
|Time Limit:||30 minutes||Recommended Lv.||Lvl. 60|
|?||Frozen Bones||Leujaoam Sanctum||Yes||No||
|?||Gelid Bhoot||Leujaoam Sanctum||Yes||No||
This Assault was once titled "Escort Professor Clavauert".
Escort Professor Clavauert B Chanoix to the room at (J-5).
- All mobs within the assault will agro Professor Chanoix, as well as any other member without sneak or with yellow or lower HP.
- The professor does not have a lot of hp, however he is able to be healed.
- Sneak will prevent mobs from agroing you.
- Mobs in this assault will also agro a summoner avatar, which can be useful to round up mobs and get them out of the way. If the Summoner is sneaked and has white HP, he will not get agro from mobs agroing his avatar, even if they kill the avatar or he releases it.
- Gelid Bhoots will often cast Blizzaga III, which is frequently the greatest danger to your party and to the NPC.
At 75, the Professor has higher HP than the other caps which makes this one the best to do it in. With sleepers and debuffers, summoner pets are in fact detrimental to the mission, because they wake up slept mobs and break bind constantly, so it's best to go with the setup of : WHM RDM BRD or something similar (Trio of WHM RDM COR works also).
Keep the Skeletons bound or gravitied, whichever is up, and the ghosts asleep. The ghosts can be slept with black magic so there is no problem there. If the RDM has crimson cuisses, this will help greatly as you can run ahead of the Prof. and sleep the monsters he is running towards. If he does get aggro, just keep curebombing him.
The monsters in the zone have a low interest rate so they will deaggro very fast so long as you keep a safe distance (for example, if you sleep a ghost, it can deaggro before it even wakes up).
Keep yourself and the professor in high HP, as he too can trigger blood aggro from the monsters.
Previous strategy is outdated. With ilevel gear, use WHM/RDM with -DT gear, heal NPC, pull hate to yourself, use banishga I/II spells to get rid of enemies at the end. Could possibly work with BLM if you are confident that you can heal the NPC.