Missions • Quests • Coalitions • Assignments • Reive
Skirmish • Delve • Incursion • Vagary • Sinister Reign • Apex
Missions • Escha • Domain Invasion • Geas Fete • Omen
Ambuscade • A.M.A.N. Trove • Dynamis Divergence • High-Tier Mission Battlefields • Master Trials • Monstrosity • Unity
|Guides • Trust Magic • Mog Garden • Monster Rearing • Job Points • Crafting|
|Ultimate Weapons • Ultimate Augments • Escutcheons||Latest Update Items|
From BG FFXI Wiki
|Staging Point:||Lebros Cavern|
|Start NPC:||Famad in Aht Urhgan Whitegate (L-9/L-10)|
|Assault Rank:||Private Second Class|
|Objective:||The Imperial Army plans to traverse Lebros Cavern as part of their attack on Halvung, however the tunnels are blocked with rocks. You must remove the obsctructions.|
|Mission Orders:||Protect the Professor|
|Time Limit:||30 minutes||Recommended Lv.||Lvl. 50|
|?||Brittle Rock||Lebros Cavern||No||No||
|Tough||Qiqirn Ceramist||Lebros Cavern||No||Yes||
|Tough||Qiqirn Volcanist||Lebros Cavern||No||Yes||
|Tough||Volcanic Bomb||Lebros Cavern||Yes||No||
- Brittle Rocks take drastically reduced damage from all sources except dots, which are a very effective way to damage them.
- Brittle Rocks do not attack or move.
- Brittle Rocks are not in fact brittle.
Destroy all 5 of the Brittle rocks.
- Brittle Rocks can be destroyed through damage, and damage over time is a very good way to do it. SCH/BLM can cast Bio, three non-overlapping elemental DoTs (e.g. Shock, Burn, Choke), Poison II, and Helix.
- Volcanic Bombs aggro sight and can be completely avoided with Invisible (Status).
- Qiqirn Volcanists and Ceramists will occasionally drop Qiqirn Mine Temporary Items to help destroy the rocks.
- Once you have obtined a mine, engage a Brittle Rock and use the temporary item. Stay engaged until the device detonates and the rock will be destroyed in a single blast.
- At Item Level 117+, you can kill Qiqirn way faster than the walls, so it's worth trying to get bombs from them. Be sure to only kill one at a time.
- The Rune of Release will spawn at the dead end room at (F-10) when the last Brittle Rock is defeated.
- In order to save time, a party member can be sent towards the Rune while the last Brittle Rock is being fought.