Feast of Swords 2008
|3, 2, 1... Action, kupo!|
|Ahem. Dear adventurers, we have a wonderful announcement for you today, kupo!
Get set for an exciting event with whirling wooden weapons and slicing samurai action! That's right! It's time for the Feast of Swords, kupo!
|Cut, cut, cut, kupo!
What part of “traditional, elegant, and tasteful” did you not understand, kupo!? What about the stunning Genji armor? The nostalgia-inducing mochi? The health and happiness of—
|Linkpearl: <Ring, ring>|
|Good day, kupo! This is the Mog House Manag—what!? I see…thank you.
Er, I'm sorry to disturb you in the middle of your riveting rehearsal, but we may have to make some last-minute changes to that announcement, kupo… I've just been informed by the union chief that this year's Feast of Swords is to be cancelled—effective immediately.
|Kupopopo!? You can't be serious!|
|Was this a direct order from the three nations, by any chance?|
|I don't have all the details, but that seems to be the case, kupopo.
It might have something to do with the fact that every time we borrow suits of precious armor from the Far East, they're swiped by some unscrupulous sneaks…
|We may push the patience of our Far Eastern patrons past breaking point, kupo...
The three nations can't afford to let our incompetence invite an international incident.
|But how can they do this, kupo!?
Think of the children! That's what the Feast of Swords is all about, kupo! They'll be so disappointed...
|And we've stockpiled all these "ibushi shinai" for the participants to play with...|
|I'd completely forgotten, kupo!
If the three nations withdraw their support, how are we supposed to pay for those!? We must meditate on a method to save our salar—er, I mean, save the festival for all the good little girls and boys, kupo!
|I have it, kupo!
Instead of waiting for permission to borrow the armor from the Far East, I say we trick those unscrupulous sneaks into acquiring the suits and bringing them back for us, kupo!
|You mean you want them to stea—|
|I mean "acquire," kupo!
And as soon as they try to enter the three nations wearing their ill-gotten gains, a righteous rabble wielding our wooden weapons will fall upon them, kupo! It will be the greatest Feast of Swords in history!
|We use those ubiquitous brigands to our advantage, kupo...|
|The Far East is grateful, and the three nations impressed...|
|And the M.H.M.U. reaps the rewards!|
|B-but who do we send against these dastardly desperados?|
|Curses, kupo! I hadn't thought about that!|
|Well, obviously we <mumble, mumble, mumble>, kupo!|
|Oh! Of c-c-course, kupo!
And so we just...kupopo!
Participating in the Feast of Swords
2. Equip the wooden katana and speak to one of the Nomad Moogles in the following areas to receive a Moogle Magic enchantment:
West Ronfaure / East Ronfaure / La Theine Plateau / Jugner Forest
Batallia Downs / North Gustaberg / South Gustaberg / Konschtat Highlands
Pashhow Marshlands / Rolanberry Fields / West Sarutabaruta / East Sarutabaruta
Tahrongi Canyon / Meriphataud Mountains / Sauromugue Champaign
3. Team up with other adventurers and beat the living daylights out of those thieving brigands! The more you use the enchantment on your ibushi shinai to absorb the brigands' weapon skill, the more you may find fortune smiling upon you!
4. Thrust (trade) your ibushi shinai into the ground near the "???" mark that appears after one of those villains is defeated. Who knows? Your deeds may just earn you a rare relic!
Heed the four rules of Moogle Magic...
1. Moogle magic will increase your movement speed, but lower your level to 1.
2. All equipment higher than level 2 will automatically be removed at this time.
3. While under the moogles' spell, you will not be able to attack regular monsters—but they will not be able to attack you either.
4. The magic will wear off the instant you leave the area or log out.
The festivities begin at 01:00 on April 28, 2008 (PDT) and are scheduled to continue until 01:00 on May 7.