- Due to the long nature of this mission, it is recommended that you take precautions to ensure that you have received the key items. This mission can take a while, as it requires travel to a lot of different places, some in the far corners of large and dangerous zones. Always ensure that when checking a headstone you receive the message that you obtained the key item. If you did not, check it again until you do as the game can be picky about your distance from the headstone upon examination.
- There are two types of headstones, one type only gives the key item, others spawn NMs that you must defeat before you may receive the key item.
- Dark Fragment:
- Earth Fragment:
- Water Fragment:
- Go to La Theine Plateau and enter Ordelle's Caves around (F-7).
- Follow the path east to (I-6) and you'll switch to another map.
- Continue down the tunnel to (G-8).
- From there, go east and enter the south tunnel around (H-9).
- Head up the stairs and south until you reach about (H-11)/(H-12). There is a hole here, drop down.
- Go east to another tunnel, taking special care not to fall off the cliffs, and head up.
- Once you get to about (I-6), go south.
- Continue on until (H-9) and you'll see a tunnel going west, the zone is not far ahead, bringing you back out to La Theine Plateau.
- The Cermet Headstone is not too far ahead. Examine it to receive the Water fragment.
- Ice Fragment:
- Fire Fragment:
- This is very long. If you have a confident White Mage, allow them to go through Ifrit's Cauldron alone. Bring a total of three ice clusters to speed up the flame spouts along the way. In Yuhtunga Jungle, you'll find a one-way drop (the reason you have to run through the Cauldron in the first place). Have your entire party wait there for the WHM (who should sub BLM for this). Once the WHM is through, the rest of the party can commence suicide using various mobs in the area. The WHM can then Tractor people over the ledge, and thus avoiding most of the hassle of applying Sneak and Invisible to people through the whole Cauldron. Alternately, you can just drag everyone through.
- Enter Ifrit's Cauldron from (G-6) in Yhoator Jungle. Make your way to (H-8) and stick to the left wall. If you follow the wall, you'll ultimately make it out to the correct exit.
- Detailed instructions:
- When you enter, you'll be on Map 4. Head for (H-8) and you'll end up on Map 7.
- From Map 7, head for (D-12) to continue to Map 5.
- On Map 5, head for (J-8) to get to Map 2. There is a Flame Spout around (H-6)/(H-7). Either wait it out, or trade an Ice Cluster. Waiting it out is safer, but can take extra time.
- On Map 2, run to (E-7), and you'll be back on Map 7.
- On Map 7, make your way to (G-7) to enter Map 8.
- On Map 8, follow the tunnel to (C-7). This is the exit to Yuhtunga Jungle. There are two Flame Spouts on the way.
- Near the exit to Yuhtunga Jungle, you may run across the Ash Dragon. Your party is likely not able to take it, so be careful. During daytime hours (06:00 to 18:00), it's only aggressive to sound. During night time, however, it is True Sound. Take care when passing it, as it will mostly likely spell a wipe for your party.
- Once outside, gather everyone up and head for the tunnel under the waterfall at (K-7). The headstone is located around (L-6)/(L-7). Check the Cermet Headstone to spawn two Opo-opo NMs, Carthi and Tipha. They will both aggro, and cannot be slept. Kill both and check the Cermet Headstone again to receive the Fire fragment.
- Consider taking a Garnet with you on this leg of the mission, as you can trade it to the headstone to receive the Opo-opo Necklace.
- Lightning Fragment:
- Wind Fragment:
- Start off for Cape Teriggan. Head for (F-7) and locate the unmarked hidden tunnel (it is in the same general area as the tunnel to get to the Cloister of Gales). Go north until you come out into another open area, taking another hidden tunnel at (G-5). Follow it until (H-5), where the headstone is located.
- Check the headstone to pop a Shadow NM named Axesarion the Wanderer. Kill him and check the Cermet Headstone again to receive the Wind fragment.
- Consider taking a Rain Lily with you on this part of the mission. Trading it to the headstone will earn you a Flagellant's Rope.
- Light Fragment:
- Make sure you have obtained all fragments, otherwise you'll be unable to complete the next mission.