Are you considering returning to Final Fantasy XI? Be sure to read "Returning to Vana'diel" - our community collaborative guide!
Areas · Missions · Quests · Coalitions · Assignments
Reive · Skirmish · Delve · Incursion · Vagary · Sinister Reign
Areas · Missions · Escha · Omen
|September Update Items|
|Mog Garden · Monster Rearing · Monstrosity · Trust Magic · Unity · Ambuscade · Hard Mode Mission Battles · Master Trials||September Login Campaign|
Howl from the Heavens
From BG FFXI Wiki
- You need to wait a game day after completing Sins of the Mothers before you can activate this quest.
- Zone into Windurst Waters (S) from West Sarutabaruta (S) for a cutscene.
- Collect the Magicite from the three present day beastmen strongholds again (These may be done in any order):
- Make your way to Davoi.
- Head to (G-7) and click on the Wall of Dark Arts.
- Walk down the path into a large room and inspect the Magicite for the Key Item: Shard of optistone.
- Castle Oztroja is located at (L-8) in Meriphataud Mountains.
- Enter and head to the door at (I-8). You will see a lever at either side of the door. One lever will open the door and the other will open a trap in the floor and cause you to fall into a pit. There is a very easy way to open this door.
- Stand between the two levers in front of the door.
- Select one of the levers
- On the second floor, head to (G-7) where you will exit into a courtyard.
- On this map, head north (without falling off) to a door at (I-7).
- Here follow the right wall until you reach a door at (H-9).
- The mobs in this area are much higher level then the ones previously encountered.
- At the door light the torch and you will be taken through.
- Head South and take a right to another door. Click on the door to open it. The zone is just ahead.
- Inside you will be in an area with no mobs. Examine the Magicite for the Key Item: Shard of orastone.
- Enter Beadeaux from Pashhow Marshlands at (L-11).
- Head back to the tunnel at (H-7) inside follow the left wall to zone into Qulun Dome.
- Examine the Magicite for the Key Item: Shard of aurastone.
- Once you have all three Magicite, return to Windurst Waters (S) and speak to Velda-Galda for a cutscene.
- Zone into West Sarutabaruta (S) from Windurst Waters (S) for another cutscene.
- Examine the Windurstian Bulwark, located just outside the zone for a cutscene.
- Examine the Windurstian Bulwark to start a BCMN.
- The time limit for this fight is 30 minutes and you are allowed to bring a full alliance of 18 people to this fight.
- Only the person initiating this fight needs to have the quest active.
- Four waves of monsters will spawn and attempt destroy the 3 Magical Barriers.
- Both Romaa Mihgo and the three Protective Wards must be kept alive.
- The Magical Barriers cannot be cured in any way and they also take damage from AoE's.
- Once you have finished the BCNM, examine the Windurstian Bulwark again for a long cutscene.
- Enter Windurst Waters (S) from West Sarutabaruta (S) for the final cutscene and your reward.