Missions • Quests • Coalitions • Assignments • Reive
Skirmish • Delve • Incursion • Vagary • Sinister Reign • Apex
Missions • Escha • Domain Invasion • Geas Fete • Omen
Ambuscade • Dynamis Divergence • High-Tier Mission Battlefields • Master Trials • Monstrosity • Unity • Odyssey • A.M.A.N. Trove
|Guides • Trust Magic • Mog Garden • Monster Rearing • Job Points • Crafting|
|Ultimate Weapons • Ultimate Augments • Escutcheons||Latest Update Items|
From BG FFXI Wiki
|Staging Point:||Ilrusi Atoll|
|Start NPC:||Bhoy Yhupplo in Aht Urhgan Whitegate (L-9/L-10)|
|Assault Rank:||Private First Class|
|Objective:||Your mission is to hunt down Lamia No.13, a fearsome creature known to have performed vile experiments on the countless corpses of her enemies.|
|Mission Orders:||Eliminate Lamia No.13|
|Time Limit:||30 minutes||Recommended Lv.||Lvl. 70|
|?||Lamia No. 13||Ilrusi Atoll||Sight||Yes||None||1|
|?||Fallen Volunteer||Ilrusi Atoll||Sight||Yes||
|?||Fallen Imperial Trooper||Ilrusi Atoll||Sight||Yes||
|?||Fallen Imperial Wizard||Ilrusi Atoll||Sight||Yes||
- Lamia No. 13 uses standard Lamiae TP abilities, as well as Belly Dance, an AOE Charm.
- Lamia No. 13 is followed and assisted by three Charmed NPCs: Fallen Volunteer, Fallen Imperial Wizard and Fallen Imperial Trooper. Their Charmed status can be removed using Dispel, Finale, Dark Shot, Lunar Roar, Geist Wall or Blank Gaze, and they will attack Lamia No. 13. They can be re-Charmed if Belly Dance is directed against the NPCs.
- Lamia No. 13 is a RNG-type mob, Fallen Imperial Trooper is DRK-type, Fallen Imperial Wizard is BLM-type, and Fallen Volunteer is WAR-type.
- The NPCs may be slept while they are Charmed, and casted on with cures and non-party buffs while not under Lamia No. 13's control. However, putting buffs on NPCs (or players for that matter) may not be wise, as Dispel will often remove these buffs before removing the Charm effect.
- If all of the living players and NPCs are Charmed, Lamia No. 13 will regen her health if not under the effect of a DoT spell.
- In this Assault, you start at I-8 with your goal to defeat a RNG-type Lamia NM named Lamia No. 13. She is located in the northern part of the map, and assisted by 3 NPCs that she has charmed, which must be dealt with if you are to succeed.
- The most popular strategy is to bring 2-3 jobs that are capable of Dispelling the Charmed status from the NPCs, as they will then join your efforts to defeat the Lamia. Jobs that are capable of Dispelling Charm include RDM, BRD, COR, SMN and BLU. In addition, due to the innate accuracy of the Dispel (or Finale) spells, players level 64 (or 66) and higher may sub RDM (or BRD) for the ability to Dispel.
- Lamia No. 13 will use Belly Dance often, re-Charming those in range, so players must be ready to Dispel again.
- Belly Dance is a 15' AOE Gaze-attack Charm that erases hate for those affected.
- The move is directed at either the NPCs or the players (and their pets), depending on who Lamia No. 13 is currently targeting. If she uses Belly Dance against the NPCs, players/pets in range will not be charmed, and visa versa.
- Because Belly Dance erases hate, it is not wise to directly engage the Lamia, as it is incredibly easy to pull hate and become Charmed.
- The nature of Belly Dance, as well as the immunity of pets to charm, makes the usage of several pet jobs a second viable strategy. As long as the players stay out of range, their pets will be able to directly assault the NM while preventing the NPCs from becoming re-Charmed.
- Once Lamia No. 13 is defeated, any charmed NPCs will return to normal and the Assault will be won. The Rune of Release will appear at H-8.