Missions • Quests • Coalitions • Assignments • Reive
Skirmish • Delve • Incursion • Vagary • Sinister Reign • Apex
Missions • Escha • Domain Invasion • Geas Fete • Omen
Ambuscade • A.M.A.N. Trove • Dynamis Divergence • High-Tier Mission Battlefields • Master Trials • Monstrosity • Unity
|Guides • Trust Magic • Mog Garden • Monster Rearing • Job Points • Crafting|
|Ultimate Weapons • Ultimate Augments • Escutcheons||Latest Update Items|
From BG FFXI Wiki
- Along with Dark Arts, Light Arts is one of two grimoires available to scholars. Once activated, Light Arts cannot be removed except by zoning, dying, or applying Dark Arts.
- Grants a bonus to Divine Magic, Healing Magic, Enfeebling Magic, and Enhancing Magic. The bonus is equivalent to the amount required to bring the skill ranking to a B+ grade. Magic skills that are above this rating will not be enhanced. Bonuses from merits are not included in this calculation. This also applies when subbed, skill will raise to a B+ rank for the level of your MAIN job.
- Reduces casting costs of light magic spells by 10% (rounded down, spells with casting cost of 9 MP or less are not affected). The MP cost of black magic spells is increased by 20% (rounded up).
- Cuts effective casting time and recast of white magic spells by 10%.
- Increases casting time and recast of black magic spells by 20%.
- Provides a level-dependent bonus to the Regen line of spells. Source
- This applies to Scholar as a main job only.
- For all Regen spells, the potency bonus is +(level-1)/4 HP per tick, rounded down (+12 HP/tick at level 50, +24 HP/tick at level 99). 
- The duration bonus is twice the potency bonus in seconds (+24 seconds at level 50, +48 seconds at level 99).
- Tabula Rasa yields a 50% stronger potency bonus and a 100% stronger duration bonus.
- Recast timer can be reduced by up to 10 seconds with scholar-specific Grimoire Recast merits (2 seconds per merit).
- There is no recast timer while Tabula Rasa is in effect.
|Equipment Modifying Ability...|
|Scholar's Pants||Gives a 15 Skill bonus to Divine, Healing, Enfeebling, and Enhancing Magic.|
|Scholar's Pants +1||Gives a 15 Skill bonus to Divine, Healing, Enfeebling, and Enhancing Magic.|
|Scholar's Loafers||Casting time and recast -5% when Celerity/Accession is not active|
|Scholar's Loafers +1||Casting time and recast -5% when Celerity/Accession is not active|
|Argute Mortarboard||Casting time and recast -5% when Celerity/Accession is not active|
|Argute Mortarboard +1||Casting time and recast -5% when Celerity/Accession is not active|
|Argute Mortarboard +2||Casting time and recast -10% when Celerity/Accession is not active|
|Academic's Pants||Gives an 18 Skill bonus to Divine, Healing, Enfeebling, and Enhancing Magic.|
|Academic's Loafers||Casting time and recast -8% when Celerity/Accession is not active|
 (Original data to generate Light Arts regen bonus formula for varying levels)