From BG FFXI Wiki
|Job Ability Information
| Level Obtained
|| Optimizes white magic capability while lowering black magic proficiency. Grants a bonus to divine, enhancing, and healing magic.
| Cumulative Enmity
|| Volatile Enmity
|| /ja "Light Arts" <me>
- Along with Dark Arts, Light Arts is one of two grimoires available to scholars. Once activated, Light Arts cannot be removed except by zoning, dying, or applying Dark Arts.
- Grants a bonus to Divine Magic, Healing Magic, Enfeebling Magic, and Enhancing Magic. The bonus is equivalent to the amount required to bring the skill ranking to a B+ grade. Magic skills that are above this rating will not be enhanced. Bonuses from merits are not included in this calculation. This also applies when subbed, skill will raise to a B+ rank for the level of your MAIN job.
- Reduces casting costs of light magic spells by 10% (rounded down, spells with casting cost of 9 MP or less are not affected). The MP cost of black magic spells is increased by 20% (rounded up).
- Cuts effective casting time and recast of white magic spells by 10%.
- Increases casting time and recast of black magic spells by 20%.
- Provides a level-dependent bonus to the Regen line of spells. Source
- This applies to Scholar as a main job only.
- For all Regen spells, the potency bonus is +(level-1)/4 HP per tick, rounded down (+12 HP/tick at level 50, +24 HP/tick at level 99). 
- The scaling adjusts below level 40 such that there is no bonus at level 25 or below.
- The duration bonus is twice the potency bonus in seconds (+24 seconds at level 50, +48 seconds at level 99).
- Tabula Rasa yields a 50% stronger potency bonus and a 100% stronger duration bonus.
- Recast timer can be reduced by up to 10 seconds with scholar-specific Grimoire Recast merits (2 seconds per merit).
- There is no recast timer while Tabula Rasa is in effect.
 (Original data to generate Light Arts regen bonus formula for varying levels)
You Might Also Like These Articles