Are you considering returning to Final Fantasy XI? Be sure to read "Returning to Vana'diel" - our community collaborative guide!
Areas · Missions · Quests · Coalitions · Assignments
Reive · Skirmish · Delve · Incursion · Vagary · Sinister Reign
Areas · Missions · Escha · Omen
|March Update Items|
|Mog Garden · Monstrosity · Trust Magic · Unity · Ambuscade · Hard Mode Mission Battles · Master Trials||March Login Campaign|
From BG FFXI Wiki
|Job Ability Information|
|Description||Optimizes white magic capability while lowering black magic proficiency. Grants a bonus to divine, enhancing, and healing magic.|
|Cumulative Enmity||1||Volatile Enmity||80|
|Command||/ja "Light Arts" <me>|
- Along with Dark Arts, Light Arts is one of two grimoires available to scholars. Once activated, Light Arts cannot be removed except by zoning, dying, or applying Dark Arts.
- Grants a bonus to Divine Magic, Healing Magic, Enfeebling Magic, and Enhancing Magic. The bonus is equivalent to the amount required to bring the skill ranking to a B+ grade. Magic skills that are above this rating will not be enhanced. Bonuses from merits are not included in this calculation. This also applies when subbed, skill will raise to a B+ rank for the level of your MAIN job.
- Reduces casting costs of light magic spells by 10% (rounded down, spells with casting cost of 9 MP or less are not affected). The MP cost of black magic spells is increased by 20% (rounded up).
- Cuts effective casting time and recast of white magic spells by 10%.
- Increases casting time and recast of black magic spells by 20%.
- Provides a level-dependent bonus to the Regen line of spells. Source
- This applies to Scholar as a main job only.
- For all Regen spells, the potency bonus is +(level-1)/4 HP per tick, rounded down (+12 HP/tick at level 50, +24 HP/tick at level 99). 
- The duration bonus is twice the potency bonus in seconds (+24 seconds at level 50, +48 seconds at level 99).
- Tabula Rasa yields a 50% stronger potency bonus and a 100% stronger duration bonus.
- Recast timer can be reduced by up to 10 seconds with scholar-specific Grimoire Recast merits (2 seconds per merit).
- There is no recast timer while Tabula Rasa is in effect.
|Equipment Modifying Ability...|
|Scholar's Pants||Gives a 15 Skill bonus to Divine, Healing, Enfeebling, and Enhancing Magic.|
|Scholar's Pants +1||Gives a 15 Skill bonus to Divine, Healing, Enfeebling, and Enhancing Magic.|
|Scholar's Loafers||Casting time and recast -5% when Celerity/Accession is not active|
|Scholar's Loafers +1||Casting time and recast -5% when Celerity/Accession is not active|
|Argute Mortarboard||Casting time and recast -5% when Celerity/Accession is not active|
|Argute Mortarboard +1||Casting time and recast -5% when Celerity/Accession is not active|
|Argute Mortarboard +2||Casting time and recast -10% when Celerity/Accession is not active|
|Academic's Pants||Gives an 18 Skill bonus to Divine, Healing, Enfeebling, and Enhancing Magic.|
|Academic's Loafers||Casting time and recast -8% when Celerity/Accession is not active|
 (Original data to generate Light Arts regen bonus formula for varying levels)