Missions • Quests • Coalitions • Assignments • Reive
Skirmish • Delve • Incursion • Vagary • Sinister Reign • Apex
Missions • Escha • Domain Invasion • Geas Fete • Omen
Ambuscade • A.M.A.N. Trove • Dynamis Divergence • High-Tier Mission Battlefields • Master Trials • Monstrosity • Unity
|Guides • Trust Magic • Mog Garden • Monster Rearing • Job Points • Crafting|
|Ultimate Weapons • Ultimate Augments • Escutcheons||Latest Update Items|
Were you looking for Nuke Wall?
A Magic Burst ("MB") can be performed by casting a spell such that the spell lands on the target within a brief window after a Skillchain was created on that target composed of an element associated with the casted spell.
How to Magic Burst
- A spell must be timed so that it finishes casting and lands on the target during the magic burst window.
- This window lasts for 10 seconds after the final Weapon Skill, just as the Skillchain animation is appearing.
- The magic burst opportunity is ended prematurely if any additional weapon skill is used on the target during the window.
- Weaponskills with no properties such as Sanguine Blade may be used and not interrupt this.
- When performed successfully, the text indicating the spell or ability's effect will be preceded by "Magic Burst!" in the chat log.
The Effects of a Magic Burst
- A magic burst can be performed with any monster-targeted spell as well as with elemental Blood Pacts and Wyvern breaths, and yields a substantial increase in magic accuracy and damage for the spells/abilities that land with the correct timing.
- For enfeebling magic and other spells that do not deal direct damage, only accuracy (not potency) is affected.
- A magic burst from a wyvern's breath attack only enhances the magic accuracy (not damage) of the breath used.
The skillchain alignments of each element for magic bursts are shown below:
- : Transfixion, Fusion, Light, Radiance
- : Liquefaction, Fusion, Light, Radiance
- : Detonation, Fragmentation, Light, Radiance
- : Impaction, Fragmentation, Light, Radiance
- : Compression, Gravitation, Darkness, Umbra
- : Scission, Gravitation, Darkness, Umbra
- : Induration, Distortion, Darkness, Umbra
- : Reverberation, Distortion, Darkness, Umbra
- A two-stage skillchain (created by two Weapon Skills) will result in a 35% increase in magic damage on the magic burst.
- All stages beyond that will result in an additional 10% damage increase on magic bursted spells (a three-stage skillchain will yield a 45% damage increase, four-stage will yield a 55% damage increase, etc.).
Enhancing Magic Bursts
- If a magic burst is performed successfully, its damage can be further enhanced by magic burst bonus equipment and other related buffs.
- The effect of this equipment is additive in a separate damage multiplying step of the magic damage equation.
- The effects of upgrading Ancient Magic II spells with extra merit upgrades is also an additive bonus with this term (3% additional per upgrade past the first, 12% with 5 upgrades).
- The effects of Atma of Illusions (10%) and Atmacite of Finesse (2~30%) are additive bonuses with this term.
- The Magic Burst Bonus job trait is also an additive bonus with this term that exceeds the term cap.
Example: BLM99 with 13% Magic Burst Bonus trait magic bursting a fully merited Freeze II (+12%) while equipped with Sorcerer's Gloves (5%) and Static Earring (5%) will receive an additional 1.35 damage multiplier term, separate from the 1.3 damage multiplier term associated with the magic burst itself, for an overall effect of over +75% damage.
- Magic Burst damage enhancement from equipment label as Magic Burst Damage, Atma/Atmacite, and merit points (in the case of Ancient Magic II) caps at +40%.
- There is also a newer category labeled as Magic Burst Damage II which exceeds this cap. Much like Aegis breaks the MDT cap. Some other things that exceed this cap are: