From BG FFXI Wiki
| General Notes
- Has approximately 70,000 HP
- Melisseus is a Vermin-type monster, so the Vermin Killer boon from Intimidation Palimpsest is effective.
- Melee attacks may have a Poison additional effect or drain HP for the amount of damage they deal.
- Assisted immediately by four Melisseus' Zamzamas (Gnats). These are present from the start of the battle and can be slept.
- Casts Comet, Meteor, Aero V, Aeroja, Aeroga IV, AoE debuffs, and (rarely) Death.
- Uses Mighty Strikes as soon as it is engaged and Chainspell at 50% HP or lower.
- Uses the following TP moves:
- Mandible Massacre: Conal physical damage, Paralysis, 10-count Doom
- Sticky Situation: AoE magical damage, Plague, Slow, Silence, resummons up to two Melisseus' Zamzamas if previously defeated.
- Abdominal Assault: AoE physical damage, Gravity, TP reset, knockback
- Flesh Syphon: Single target physical damage, absorbs all attributes
- Umbral Expunction: AoE magical damage
- Defeating Melisseus yields the title Melisseus Domesticator.
You Might Also Like These Articles