Missions • Quests • Coalitions • Assignments • Reive
Skirmish • Delve • Incursion • Vagary • Sinister Reign • Apex
Missions • Escha • Domain Invasion • Geas Fete • Omen
Ambuscade • A.M.A.N. Trove • Dynamis Divergence • High-Tier Mission Battlefields • Master Trials • Monstrosity • Unity
|Guides • Trust Magic • Mog Garden • Monster Rearing • Job Points • Crafting|
|Ultimate Weapons • Ultimate Augments • Escutcheons||Latest Update Items|
Nyzul Isle Investigation
Were you looking for Nyzul Isle Uncharted Area Survey?
|Nyzul Isle Investigation|
|Staging Point:||Nyzul Isle|
|Start NPC:||Sorrowful Sage in Aht Urhgan Whitegate (L-9/L-10)|
|Assault Rank:||Private Second Class|
|Objective:||You are to scout out the remnants before the A.A.R.I. sends an official research team. No rewards are offered for these unofficial missions.|
|Mission Orders:||Complete on-site objectives.|
|Time Limit:||30 minutes||Recommended Lv.||75|
Differences from other Assaults
Unlike the primary Assault stages, Nyzul Isle does not operate on the same point system, nor does it have purchasable rewards.
When a party of players successfully completes a floor, and saves their progress by exiting the assault, they will be rewarded Tokens instead of Assault Points. Tokens are required for the holder of the Runic Disc to reach a previously saved floor. Tokens can also be used to purchase temporary items from the Vendor Box.
The amount of tokens awarded upon successfully completing a Nyzul mission (that is, by choosing to exit at a Rune of Transfer before 30 minutes has elapsed) depends upon the number of floors completed, the level of those floors, how many members were in the party, and whether or not the individual used an Assault Armband to begin the mission.
The base token award per floor begins at 200 and increases by 10 every 5 floors. For instance, floors 1 through 5 individually give 200 tokens, floors 6 through 10 give 210, floors 76 through 80 give 350, etc. At the end of a mission, the per-floor awards are totaled and then scaled down depending upon the number of participants in the same manner as the AP award for other Assault missions (90% for a four-person party, 80% for five, 70% for six). Additionally, the holder of the Assault Armband is then awarded a 10% token bonus.
Selecting a Floor
Tokens are used at the initial Rune of Transfer for transport to a higher floor, the availability of which depends on the status of an individual's Runic Disc. [Insert formula for the cost of transport to higher floors]
At the beginning of each Assault, players will have the opportunity to use their accumulated tokens on various medicine, obtained from a chest in the initial lobby.
50 Token Items:
- Barbarian's Drink
- Fighter's Drink
- Oracle's Drink
- Assassin's Drink
- Spy's Drink
- Gnostic's Drink
- Shepherd's Drink
- Dusty Scroll of Reraise
- Strange Milk
- Strange Juice
- Vicar's Drink
- Sprinter's Drink
100 Token Items:
- Braver's Drink
- Soldier's Drink
- Champion's Drink
- Monarch's Drink
- Cleric's Drink
- Dusty Potion
- Dusty Ether
- Fanatic's Drink
- Fool's Drink
- Dusty Wing
- Body Boost
- Mana Boost
150 Token Items:
Each floor will randomly assigned players to an objective. The floor objective can be checked by touching the unactivated Rune of Transfer. Once this objective is completed, the Rune of Transfer will activate and allow players to move on the next floor or exit the Assault. The objectives that are randomly selected listed below. In addition to a floor restriction can be added on top of an objective.
- Eliminate all enemies. Must clear every enemy on the floor. Archaic Gears are not counted.
- Eliminate specified enemy. A normal monster that checks as Impossible to Gauge needs to be defeated. Sometimes there will be more than one copy of that monster, but only the one that checks as Impossible to Gauge needs to be defeated.
- Eliminate specified enemies. A certain monster family that all check as Impossible to Gauge needs to be defeated. Heraldic Imp, Psycheflayer, Poroggos Gent, Ebony Pudding, Racing Chariot, or Qiqirn Treasure Hunter and Qiqirn Archaeologist. Sometimes members of the same family will not be apart of the specified enemies. They will have different names and will not check as Impossible to Gauge
- Eliminate enemy leader. Must defeat a special Notorious Monster unique to the assault.
- Chariots: Long-Gunned Chariot, Long-Horned Chariot, Battledressed Chariot, Shielded Chariot
- Flans: Anise Custard, Caraway Custard, Cumin Custard, Ginger Custard, Nutmeg Custard
- Imps: Mokka, Mokke, Mokku
- Poroggos: Eriri Samariri, Oriri Samariri, Uriri Samariri
- Soulflayers: Vile Ineef, Vile Wahdaha, Vile Yabeewa
- Qiqirns: Gem Heister Roorooroon, Quick Draw Sasaroon, Stealth Bomber Gagaroon
- On floors 20, 40, 60, 80, and 100 the enemy leader will be a HNM that appears in another area.
- Activate all lamps. This objective is further split into three things, though it is not noted which it will be.
- All party members to touch a single lamp to gain their "certification code".
- Activate all lamps at the same time.
- Activate all lamps in a specific order in a short time.
- Free floor. Allows moving on to the next floor without completing any objective.
A restriction can be placed on top of objectives. There are one of two floor restrictions. They will add Archaic Gears to the floor. They aggro to magic, abilities, and true sound.
- Avoid discovery by archaic gears! Being seen by an archaic gear will be result in a Pathos, a penalty, being applied to the party. Archaic Gears can still be defeated without penalty. If an Archaic Gear is attacked first, by song or ranged attack, you will not receive the Pathos.
- Do not destroy archaic gears! Defeating an Archaic Gear will result in a Pathos being applied to the party.
Monsters in this Assault can potentially leave behind an armory crate in which will be filled with medicines like the Vendor Box. Which monsters drop this chest and what is in the chest is random.
Tokens are awarded to entire the party when at least one floor has been cleared and manually exit.
Notorious Monsters that normally appear somewhere else will always leave behind a brown colored chest with gold trim, named Armory Crate. Inside the chest will be a ??? Item that can be appraised into one of the drops the NM would normally drop.
Every twenty floors, participants will be challenged by a Boss, including Fafnir, Behemoth, Aspid, Khimaria, Cerberus and Hydra, each having the chance to drop a piece of armor found inclusively in the Nyzul Isle assault. The pieces drop in order of feet(20), legs(40), hands(60), body(80), and head(100).
- Askar Armor Set
- Denali Armor Set
- Goliard Armor Set
The following weapons have a chance of dropping off of all NMs and the Floor 100 Boss. Each is job-specific and are weaker than the average weapon of that level.
They are used to begin the quests to obtain a Mythic Weapons and their corresponding weapon skill (see Unlocking a Myth).
- These weapon may be stored with Ghanraam by trading them.
- Sturdy Axe (WAR)
- Burning Fists (MNK)
- Werebuster (WHM)
- Mage's Staff (BLM)
- Vorpal Sword (RDM)
- Swordbreaker (THF)
- Brave Blade (PLD)
- Death Sickle (DRK)
- Double Axe (BST)
- Dancing Dagger (BRD)
- Killer Bow (RNG)
- Windslicer (SAM)
- Sasuke Katana (NIN)
- Radiant Lance (DRG)
- Scepter Staff (SMN)
- Wightslayer (BLU)
- Quicksilver (COR)
- Inferno Claws (PUP)
- Main Gauche (DNC)
- Elder Staff (SCH)