Are you considering returning to Final Fantasy XI? Be sure to read "Returning to Vana'diel" - our community collaborative guide!
Areas · Missions · Quests · Coalitions · Assignments
Reive · Skirmish · Delve · Incursion · Vagary · Sinister Reign
Areas · Missions · Escha · Omen
|February Update Items|
|Mog Garden · Monstrosity · Trust Magic · Unity · Ambuscade · Hard Mode Mission Battles · Master Trials · Ultimate Weapons||February Login Campaign|
Introduced in the December 2016 update, the brand-new battle content, Omen, takes place in a secluded area of Reisenjima. Players carve a path through a variety of mobs and clear a variety of objectives, until they eventually reach the Boss Notorious Monster in the heart of the forest.
Clearing objectives in a certain order will reward players with various spoils, allowing for customization based on the number and strength of party members.
In addition to powerful equipment, players will be able to get their hands on the materials required for further reforging artifact armor, bringing these well-known pieces to the forefront of use once more.
- Must have completed the final chapter of Rhapsodies of Vana’diel.
- Be in possession of a Mystical canteen Key Item.
- All party members must have one.
- One to six players may enter.
- Speak with Incantrix after completing Rhapsodies of Vana’diel to receive an explanation about Omen.
- Incantrix may be found near the final ethereal ingress.
- Speaking with Incantrix again will give you a Mystical canteen Key Item.
- Players may only possess one Mystical canteen at a time.
- Players may receive one Mystical canteen every 20 hours (Earth time).
- Have the party leader teleport to Reisenjima Henge by interacting with an earthly concrescence in Reisenjima, ensuring that all party members meet to conditions, and selecting "Omen".
- Key Items are consumed upon entry.
- A new ethereal ingress will appear as the primary objective is completed. The time limit will increase by 10 minutes each time you us an ethereal ingress to proceed further in for a maximum time of 50 minutes.
- The starting time limit for Omen upon entry is ten minutes (Earth time)
- The first and second areas contain multiple monsters, one of which opens the ethereal ingress.
- The third area contains a midboss:
- Glassy Craver Glassy Gorger Glassy Thinker
- The third ethereal ingress allows you to pick the boss that you want to (eventually) fight.
- The fourth area contains monsters whose type depend on which boss you picked, and you will either be asked to kill a certain number of them or kill the one "Transcendent"-named monster among them.
- Fu - Skeletons, Cyhiraeth|s, Ghosts, Dolls
- Gin - Toads, Raptors, Mosquitos, Bats
- Kei - Elementals, Slimes, Lucanis, Worms
- Kin - Hippogryphs, Goobbues, Faaz, Pugils
- Kyou - Chapulis, Treants, Mantises, Doomeds
- The fifth area contains the boss that you selected at the third ethereal ingress.
- Through methods unclear, it is possible to obtain another entry item, perhaps by killing the boss with a certain amount of time left on the clock.
- Proceed forward through subsequent ethereal ingresses to eventually reach the boss Notorious Monster that awaits in the innermost recesses.
- Rewards may vary based on your level of progressions.
Every 5 objectives completed rewards a Paragon Job Card.
- 1st, 2nd and 4th area objectives are:
- Kill a specific monster (monster cannot be identified)
- Kill a certain number of "Sweetwater" monsters, with the number scaling with party size
- Kill a certain number of "Transcendent" monsters, with the number scaling with party size
- Free floor (very rare)
- 3rd and 5th area objectives are to kill the respective mini-boss or boss spawned on that floor.
Apart from objectives required to open ethereal ingresses, the first, second, and fourth area have additional objectives that will display when you are first detected by a foe or are otherwise placed on an enmity list. The number of objectives and time limits are 3 in 180 seconds, 3 in 180 seconds, and 5 in 300 seconds, respectively. Any party member can contribute towards any objective, but Trust actions do not count. The objectives will automatically fail if you leave the area or time expires.
The following objectives have been observed, with X being party size:
- Vanquish X foes.
- Use 2×X abilities on your foes.
- Cast 3×X spells on your foes.
- Execute X skillchain(s) on your foes! - It seems these must be continuous, so you have to do a 7-step skillchain.
- Perform 3×X magic bursts on your foes.
- Deal 3×X critical hits to your foes. - Critical hit weaponskills do count towards this objective, but you get credit for at most 1 critical hit per WS.
- Use 3×X elemental weapon skills on your foes. - Whether hybrid weaponskills (like Tachi: Jinpu) are considered elemental or physical varies by WS.
- Use 3×X physical weapon skills on your foes. - Whether hybrid weaponskills (like Blade: Chi, Blade: To, and Blade: Teki) are considered elemental or physical varies by WS.
- Use 5×X weapon skills on your foes.
- Reduce your foe's HP by at least 2,000 damage in a single auto-attack. - Monster must have at least 2,000 HP remaining for this trial to be completed. The entire attack round damage is summed to reach 2,000.
- Reduce your foe's HP by at least 30,000 using a single weapon skill. - Monster must have at least 30,000 HP remaining for this trial to be completed.
- Reduce your foe's HP by at least 15,000 using a using a single magic attack without performing a magic burst. - Monster must have at least 15,000HP remaining for this trial to be completed.
- Restore at least 500 HP 10 times.
Area of effect attacks only count once regardless how many targets they have.
- The current theory that X amount of Omens currency procures a job card appears to be false. A new theory is that when a player obtains X amount of Omens then a Paragon card of the job you are currently using is potentially available to drop. The other factor being the additional objectives you complete from initial aggro on a mob on floors 1, 2 and 4. Each monster that is killed drops XXX amount of Omens which is random. It's possible that both are needed to potentially drop. Needs further testing
See Omen Rewards for specific item and equipment rewards.
Omen features both personal and boss rewards.
The job cards you earn depend on the job you are participating as.
- Every 5 objectives completed in Omen, both including killing bosses and additional objectives.
- Every 5 zone-ins.
- Every certain number of Omens farmed, on zone-in.
Progress towards earning job cards is saved between runs, and thus potentially between jobs. If you are truly unable to fit a job into your group's strategy, job cards may be traded for other job cards by speaking with Coelestrox: Ten cards of one type may be traded for one card of another type. Up to 790 (Eight stacks of 99) cards of a particular type may be traded at once.
Random Bonus Floor
There appears to be a small chance that warping up from either floor 3 or 5 will lead you to a floor filled with several treasure chests in a circle. The conditions to trigger these floors are not entirely clear, but:
- A different trigger causes a "open 1 chest" red chest floor.
Potential rewards confirmed from these chests are job cards, a Mystical canteen entry KI, gil and armor/accessory drops from Omen. It is unclear whether specific drops come from specific chest floors and how to trigger the individual types of chest floors.
Rewards from the various bosses are obtained as spoils in the party Treasure Pool when the boss has been vanquished.
For requirement details, see the following pages:
This category has only the following subcategory.
Pages in category "Omen"
The following 34 pages are in this category, out of 34 total.