Considering returning to Final Fantasy XI? Be sure to read "Returning to Vana'diel" - our community collaborative guide!
Already returned? Welcome back! Be sure to read "Quickstart 1-119" - our guide for a complete journey from level 1 to 119!
Areas · Missions · Quests · Coalitions · Assignments
Reive · Skirmish · Delve · Incursion · Vagary · Sinister Reign
Areas · Missions · Escha · Domain Invasion · Geas Fete · Omen
Ambuscade · Dynamis Divergence · Unity · High-Tier Mission Battlefields · Master Trials · Monstrosity
|Trust Magic · Mog Garden · Monster Rearing · Job Points · Crafting · Guides||November Update Items|
| Ultimate Weapons|
Runic Portals are the latest forms of Transportation added in with the Treasures of Aht Urhgan expansion. It conveniently connects Aht Urhgan Whitegate to 6 outpost like holdings, known as Staging Points, revolutionizing the way players travelled within the 5 regions of the Aradjiah Continent.
Upon arriving in the Al Zahbi area, players are advised to explore the surroundings and make their way to all 6 Staging Points, and then taking the Portals located there to return to Whitegate. This will 'mark' the player as having traversed this route, and the Chamber of Passage in Whitegate will allow future travel back and forth between the two Portals. There are some rules and restrictions that apply to this form of travel as well as a slight fee.
Rules and Regulations
- In order to use the Runic Portal from Aht Urhgan Whitegate to any of the Staging Points, a player must be 'tuned' in to each of the Runic Portal. This is achieved by initially traveling to the Staging Points the traditional way, taking the Runic Portal from there and arriving in Whitegate.
- Runic Portal usage is free for any players bearing an Assault Order, however, the player is restricted to the designated location assigned to each Order. For example: A Periqia Assault Order can only be used to travel to the Dvucca Isle Staging Point.
- A player can continue using the Assault Order as a free ride ticket to the Runic Portal as many times as they want but they cannot leave the confines of the Staging Point (this is useful for a bad Assault run and when Raise is needed or when change of job is required etc.) The Assault Order will remain active until the player speaks to Rytaal again to either cancel the mission or complete it.
- A player must pay a fee of 200 Imperial Standing Points (also known as IS) to Sharin-Garin at (L-8) of Aht Urhgan Whitegate. Upon payment of this fee, the player will receive a Key Item:Runic Portal Use Permit
- If Al Zahbi looses the Astral Candescence during Besieged, Sharin-Garin will not permit the purchase of a Use Permit.
- Once you have purchased a Runic Portal Use Permit however, it can be used at anytime, including if/when the Astral Candescence has been taken by the enemy after your purchase of the Permit.
Attuning to a Runic Portal
All 6 Staging Points hosts its own unique Runic Portal. The following section will outline the location of each Staging Point. Please visit the appropriate pages for detailed directions on how to get to each Staging Point
|Zone||Runic Portal Name||Position (pos)|
|Caedarva Mire||Azouph Isle Staging Point||(K-9)|
|Bhaflau Thickets||Mamool Ja Staging Point||(H-11)|
|Mount Zhayolm||Halvung Staging Point||(K-6)|
|Caedarva Mire||Dvucca Isle Staging Point||(I-9)|
|Arrapago Reef||Ilrusi Atoll Staging Point||(G-5)|
|Alzadaal Undersea Ruins||Nyzul Isle Staging Point||(J-8)|
|Aht Urhgan Whitegate||Chamber of Passage||(L-7)|