Missions • Quests • Coalitions • Assignments • Reive
Skirmish • Delve • Incursion • Vagary • Sinister Reign • Apex
Missions • Escha • Domain Invasion • Geas Fete • Omen
Ambuscade • A.M.A.N. Trove • Dynamis Divergence • High-Tier Mission Battlefields • Master Trials • Monstrosity • Unity
|Guides • Trust Magic • Mog Garden • Monster Rearing • Job Points • Crafting|
|Ultimate Weapons • Ultimate Augments • Escutcheons||Latest Update Items|
From BG FFXI Wiki
- Cannot be removed by Erase
- When used on mobs that are immune to Shadowbind, the following message will be displayed:
- "XXX uses Shadowbind, but misses."
- The only type of mob (excluding Notorious Monsters) that Shadowbind does not have a 100% success rate on are Ghrahs, located in the Grand Palace of Hu'Xzoi and the The Garden of Ru'Hmet.
- When used from Ranger support job, there will be a penalty for accuracy.
- With Orion Bracers +1 and 20/20 Job Points in Shadowbind the maximum duration is 30 + 12 + 20 = 62 seconds.
- Any form of damage tends to break Shadowbind very quickly even sometimes DoT effects still on the mob or a single ranged attack.
- As a result players tend to use shadowbind to deal with pulling enmity/hate resets, running from an engagement, or letting the tank/party recover after a NM uses a dangerous move (such as death) rather than as a safe damage tool.
- Ex. Arise Weakness is 3 minutes, so two Ranger and a COR using Random Deal can keep a mob bound long enough for the tank to fully recover.
|Equipment Modifying Ability...|
|Hunter's Bracers||Extends Shadowbind duration to 00:00:40|
|Hunter's Bracers +1||Extends Shadowbind duration to 00:00:40|
|Orion Bracers||Extends Shadowbind duration to 00:00:40|
|Orion Bracers +1||Shadowbind +12, Extends Shadowbind duration to 00:00:42|