Be sure to read "Returning to Vana'diel" - our guide of changes to the game!
Already returned? Welcome back! Check out "Quickstart 1-119" - for a complete journey from level 1 to 119!
Areas • Missions • Quests • Coalitions • Assignments • Reive
Skirmish • Delve • Incursion • Vagary • Sinister Reign • Apex
Areas • Missions • Escha • Domain Invasion • Geas Fete • Omen
Ambuscade • Dynamis Divergence • Unity • A.M.A.N. Trove • High-Tier Mission Battlefields • Master Trials • Monstrosity
|Guides • Trust Magic • Mog Garden • Monster Rearing • Job Points • Crafting||October Update Items|
| Ultimate Weapons • Ultimate Augments|
|Level Obtained:||Level 1|
|Duration:||Varies with Nation Conquest Rank|
- Signet is available from the following NPCs:
Flying Axe, I.M. - Port Bastok (L-7)
Rabid Wolf, I.M. - Bastok Markets (E-11)
Crying Wind, I.M. - Bastok Mines (H-10)
Glarociquet, T.K. - Metalworks (H-9) [San d'Orian Embassy, San d'Orians only]
Lexun-Marixun, W.W. - Metalworks (I-7) [Windurstian Embassy, Windurstians only]
Arpevion, T.K. - Southern San d'Oria (L-10)
Aravoge, T.K. - Southern San d'Oria (F-10)
Achantere, T.K. - Northern San d'Oria (C-8)
Yevgeny, I.M. - Northern San d'Oria (K-10) [Bastokan Embassy, Bastokans only]
Chapal-Aful, W.W. - Northern San d'Oria (H-9) [Windurstian Embassy, Windurstians only]
Milma-Hapila, W.W. - Port Windurst (B-4)
Puroiko-Maiko, W.W. - Windurst Waters (G-5)
Harara, W.W. - Windurst Woods (K-10)
Sachetan, I.M. - Port Windurst (E-5) [Bastokan Embassy, Bastokans only]
Panoquier, T.K. - Windurst Woods (G-10) [San d'Orian Embassy, San d'Orians only]
In addition, any zone which has been conquered by a particular nation (you can see these by looking in your menu at Region Info -> Conquest) will have a Conquest Guard for that zone. They are recognizable by the nation title they bear: I.M. for Bastok, T.K. for San d'Oria, and W.W. for Windurst. Usually, they are just inside the zone line, and additionally there will be one at the Region Outpost. You can use this guard to set your homepoint or cast signet on you.
- The duration of Signet is directly affected by your personal Nation Rank and your Nation's Conquest Rank (A player with Rank 5 whose nation is in 2nd place will have a Signet duration of 7 hours).
- Having Signet effect while hunting in areas other than those associated with the Treasures of Aht Urhgan and Wings of the Goddess expansions will earn you Conquest Points. You can turn in your Conquest Points for special items. Signet effect also allows you to collect crystals from the monsters that you kill in these same areas, provided they are "Easy Prey" or higher.
- The following items grant Signet effect:
These staffs are all available from Conquest Guards for 5000 Conquest Points and require Nation Rank 10. They are listed under "Common Items".
In the March 2007 Version Update, additional benefits were gained with the use of Signet:
- Increased Healing HP while resting.
- The initial value for Healing HP (based on the character’s level), as well as the incremental jumps in Healing HP (based on the character’s maximum HP), will be increased.
- No TP loss while resting.
- While Signet is in effect, TP will not be lost while resting.
- Bonus experience in small groups
- The amount of experience earned while in smaller parties will be increased. The bonus is in effect in a party of 2-5 players, but not when solo or in a full party of 6. The amount varies from 5%~15% based on number of players in the party.
- Increased defense and evasion against attacks from your auto-attack target
- If an auto-attack target is an “even match” or weaker, players will gain a bonus to their defense and evasion against the monster. This bonus only applies to attacks from an opponent who you are auto-attacking with a drawn weapon. No bonus will be obtained when attacking in a manner other than auto-attack, or when being attacked by monsters that unexpectedly join the fray.