Missions • Quests • Coalitions • Assignments • Reive
Skirmish • Delve • Incursion • Vagary • Sinister Reign • Apex
Missions • Escha • Domain Invasion • Geas Fete • Omen
Ambuscade • A.M.A.N. Trove • Dynamis Divergence • High-Tier Mission Battlefields • Master Trials • Monstrosity • Unity
|Guides • Trust Magic • Mog Garden • Monster Rearing • Job Points • Crafting|
|Ultimate Weapons • Ultimate Augments • Escutcheons||Latest Update Items|
|Summoning Magic is a general magic category available only to summoner which includes spells that summon into existence avatars or elemental spirits that the summoner can control.
Summoning Magic skill determines various aspects of:
Summoning Magic spells
Summoning magic spells are divided into two general categories: avatars and elemental spirits. The summoning spell is the act of summoning the avatar or spirit, not actions performed by the avatar or spirit. The act of summoning itself has no MP cost, although there is an ongoing perpetuation cost per tick associated with an active avatar or spirit. Elemental spirits are learned through obtaining and utilizing the associated spirit pact item. Aside from Carbuncle, who is automatically obtained upon unlocking Summoner, Avatars must be acquired through completing the associated avatar prime trial battlefield. All avatars and elemental spirits are available at level 1, with the exceptions of Alexander and Odin who can only be summoned under the effect of Astral Flow at level 75 or beyond.
Avatars have access to Blood Pact: Rage and Blood Pact: Ward abilities, while elemental spirits cast various spells associated with their element. The amount of spells and abilities available to the summon increase with the summoner's level (see individual avatar or elemental spirit pages for information about their available spells and abilities).
|The level of an avatar or spirit is equal to the summoner's level, except at level 99 where certain pieces of equipment can raise the avatar's level further, to correspond with the Item Level increase of adventurers' equipment:
Summoning Magic Skill caps by job
|Job||Grade||Level 49||Level 99|
Skill's effect on Blood Pact: Rage
- Summoning skill affects the accuracy and magic accuracy of rage Blood Pacts.
- The first hit of and Blood Pacts receive a +100 Accuracy Bonus.
- Each damaging Blood Pact has a WSC just like the player's Blue Magic and Weapon Skills.
Skill's effect on Blood Pact: Ward Duration
- Blood Pact: Wards have different possible base durations, some of which are enhanced by skill.
- Instant - Enfeebling and Healing BPs
- For 1, 2, and 3 minute duration BPs, every 1 Skill over 300 grants an additional second of duration.
- 15 Minute flat duration - Aerial Armor, Earthen Ward
- 60 Minute flat duration - Reraise II
- Spell potency is fixed and unaffected by Summoning Magic Skill.
- Typically, it is a function of the player's level.
- Summoning Magic Skill affects the magic accuracy of enfeebling Blood Pacts.
- Area of Effects are centered on the Avatar and hits all party members within ~14 yalms.
- Summoning magic bonuses on equipment fall into one of two categories:
- Summoning magic skill bonuses: Directly adds to the player's summoning magic skill (see table below).
- Summoning magic casting time reduction: Reduces summoning time of all avatars and elemental spirits, stacks with other forms of casting time reduction such as Fast Cast.
- Carbuncle's Cuffs, with -1 casting time, are the only piece of gear with this stat (reduces casting time by 1 second).
Pages in category "Summoning Magic"
The following 24 pages are in this category, out of 24 total.