Missions • Quests • Coalitions • Assignments • Reive
Skirmish • Delve • Incursion • Vagary • Sinister Reign • Apex
Missions • Escha • Domain Invasion • Geas Fete • Omen
Ambuscade • A.M.A.N. Trove • Dynamis Divergence • High-Tier Mission Battlefields • Master Trials • Monstrosity • Unity
|Guides • Trust Magic • Mog Garden • Monster Rearing • Job Points • Crafting|
|Ultimate Weapons • Ultimate Augments • Escutcheons||Latest Update Items|
Targeting the Captain
From BG FFXI Wiki
- Trade Halshaob one Imperial Mythril Piece.
- You are only allowed to do this quest once every 24 hours.
- Head to the Cutter, located in the Arrapago Reef.
- The battle has a 30 minute time limit.
- Make your way to the cabin of the ship. Along the way you will run into 2 Windjammer Imps.
- They are great for building TP for the NM fight ahead.
- Inside the cabin you will find 2 NM's: Cutthroat Kabsalah and his pet Bubbly.
- At the end of the fight, you can get up to three treasure chests. The conditions for these to appear are as follows:
- 1): Defeat Cutthroat Kabsalah
- 2): Defeat Cutthroat Kabsalah after defeating Bubbly
- 3): Attack Cutthroat Kabsalah by surprising him. In order to do this, the following conditions must be met:
- The Windjammer Imps must be attacked, not aggroed
- Cutthroat Kabsalah must not hear any of the flute-based abilities of the Imps
- Cutthroat Kabsalah must be pulled (preferably by spells or ranged attacks) without alarming Bubbly
- If you successfully surprise the captain, he will say something indicating his surprise.
- The ideal strategy is to have someone kite Cutthroat Kabsalah while the rest of the party focuses on killing Bubbly.
- Once Bubbly is down, everyone can take out Cutthroat Kabsalah.
- After both NM's are defeated, treasure chests will spawn on the boat.