Are you considering returning to Final Fantasy XI? Be sure to read "Returning to Vana'diel" - our community collaborative guide!
Areas · Missions · Quests · Coalitions · Assignments
Reive · Skirmish · Delve · Incursion · Vagary · Sinister Reign
Areas · Missions · Escha · Omen
|March Update Items|
|Mog Garden · Monstrosity · Trust Magic · Unity · Ambuscade · Hard Mode Mission Battles · Master Trials||March Login Campaign|
The Celestial Nexus
From BG FFXI Wiki
- The The Shrine of Ru'Avitau is full of magic aggro, so even mages should bring along Silent Oil and Prism Powder.
- Anyone who can sub Ninja will have a far easier time of this BC. That includes mages, as most of the attacks in the fight are absorbed by Utsusemi.
- You may need someone to operate the Yellow door. The closest Monolith to your location is around I/J-9/10.
- Go to (I-6) in Ru'Aun Gardens and enter the Shrine. You'll be on Map 2. Sneak and head south. Go past (J-7) through the first yellow door. Go west from here, to the room with 2 Monoliths in (H-7). You'll need Invisible, then go south to a room with 2 Dark Elementals around (H-10).
- Go north, down a flight of stairs to the Celestial Nexus at (H-9).
- Gather together and get ready for the last BC of the expansion. You'll be fighting Eald'narche, who has two forms.
- There will be 2 Orbitals, which have very little HP. They will be resummoned if killed. They heavily resist Lullaby, but Sleep is reliable.
- Exoplates surround Eald'narche and have about 10,000 HP. It does not melee. It has the following special attacks.
- Gaea Stream: Single target damage (~200). Absorbed by Utsusemi.
- Uranos Cascade: AoE physical damage (~200-400). Absorbed by Utsusemi.
- Cronos Sling: Cone attack physical damage (~300-600). Absorbed by Utsusemi.
- Phase Shift: AoE (large area) physical damage (~600-1300), Additional effect of Stun and/or Bind. Absorbed by Utsusemi.
- Used at around 66%, 33% and 1-2% HP. It gets progressively more powerful.
- At 1% the Exoplates will not die until they Phase Shift. It is possible to go below 66 and 33% before Phase Shift
- Eald'narche uses ancient magic and will cast Sleepga II. Low HP (~2,000) will end him fairly quickly, however.
- Go all out, and defeat the Exoplates as quick as possible. You'll want to keep mages far out of range for Phase Shift. When it appears time for a Phase Shift, try to get everyone healed to full and get shadows back up. This will negate most, if not all, damage.
- If you wipe, wait until you are ejected, as you'll aggro anywhere on the battlefield.
- The second form is against Eald'narche only. He will teleport around like Ark Angel TT and cast various Black Magic spells, including Bindga. He still has relatively low HP (~2,500), but may or may not have a large defense and magic defense boost.
- You have 1 minute before he aggro's, regardless of your range from him.
- It has been observed that he may be heavily resistant to magic, however, a Tarutaru BLM/NIN was seen doing all of the damage to this form, ending the fight in 3 spells.
- He has very fast melee speed, but not quite the speed of Hundred Fists.
- Uses the following special attacks:
- Vortex: Medium-range AoE, low damage (~100), with an additional effect of Terror and Bind. Absorbed by Utsusemi.
- Stellar Burst: AoE, low damage (~100), with an additional effect of Silence. Absorbed by Utsusemi.
- Omega Javelin: Single target damage (~150), with an additional effect of Petrification. Absorbed by Utsusemi.
- Upon clearing the BC, you'll receive a final cutscene and be returned to the Hall of the Gods.