Are you considering returning to Final Fantasy XI? Be sure to read "Returning to Vana'diel" - our community collaborative guide!
Areas · Missions · Quests · Coalitions · Assignments
Reive · Skirmish · Delve · Incursion · Vagary · Sinister Reign
Areas · Missions · Escha · Omen
|January Update Items|
|Mog Garden · Monstrosity · Trust Magic · Unity · Ambuscade · Hard Mode Mission Battles · Master Trials · Ultimate Weapons||January Login Campaign|
The Temple of Uggalepih
From BG FFXI Wiki
- At least one player with the key item Paintbrush of souls will be required to enter the Den of Rancor. The key item can obtained from the mini-quest.
- Having a significant amount of Rancor can be very harmful as the mission requires you to combat several, including Notorious Monsters that can used Everybody's Rancor for a great amount of damage. The rancor can be lowered with the quest Everyone's Grudge located in Norg. One can avoid gaining rancor by using on the.
- To access the Sacrificial Chamber four lanterns outside its gates need to be lit with Rancor Flame using the Unlit Lantern. While it can be done with one Unlit Lantern going back and forth from the Alter of Rancor and the lanterns, it would be suggested to farm multiple, 4 if possible. Den of Rancor can be considered dangerous for all levels and many monsters stand around the lanterns meaning a party would have to fight several monsters each time a lantern is lit.
- Unlit Lanterns are dropped by Tonberry Maledictors in Temple of Uggalepih and slightly higher level Tonberry Imprecator in Den of Rancor. The drop rate is rather low, meaning a party would likely have to defeat many.
- Enter the Temple from the main entrance in Yhoator Jungle and make your way to the northwestern exit at (F-5). Enter the temple again from (H-11) and work your way down to the Temple Guardian at (I-10). Go ahead to (I-7). The door is on the far side of the room. Whoever has the Paintbrush needs to stand at the empty frame in the middle of the wall. Everyone else wait by the door.
- To use the Paintbrush, check the frame. You should get a message saying "a new painting begins to appear on the canvas". Wait 30 seconds and check it again. You should get another message about the Den of Rancor and the door will open. The person who is checking the frame cannot be aggroed or acted on during these 30 seconds, otherwise you'll have to start over.
- Enter the Den of Rancor. Everyone will need Sneak and Invisible (Status).
- Head to (E-5). Once clear of the bomb mobs there, drop Invisible and trade your Unlit Lantern to the Altar of Rancor. You will receive a Rancor Flame.
- Run to (F-7) and drop down the hole in the northeast corner. Make your way to (E-5) on this new map.
- Consider clearing the room, as you'll need to trade the Rancor Flame to the four lanterns. It is hard to trade while being attacked. Alternately you can just round them up and sleep them, trade and run through the gate, as the zone is right ahead.
- Inside, gather up and prepare. You will now enter an uncapped BCNM against 3 Tonberry NMs. Buff inside, as they'll wear upon entering the BC.
- There are 3 Tonberries, listed in the order which you should defeat them
- Grav'iton cannot be slept, and therefore should be defeated first. Silence and Sleep the other two.
- Grav'iton can use Everyone's Rancor, which does 10 times the damage of Everyone's Grudge. A tank can very easily be killed by this if they have significant rancor.
- The Summoner will have a pet, but that does not indicate what avatar it will use for Astral Flow. Kill him quickly to try and avoid it. It probably won't kill you if it does use it, but it will cause you some issues. Make sure everyone has full HP before attacking it.
- Once you've cleared the BC, you'll get a cutscene. Afterwards, you'll exit on the other side of the Sacrificial Chamber, that will lead you back out to the Temple.