Waking the Beast
Were you looking for Waking the Beast II?
Note:You must first have obtained spirit pacts with the 6 summonable Celestial avatars before you are presented with the Rainbow resonator.
- You must collect six key items dropped from six battles against much harder versions of the 6 Celestial avatars.
- Each battle takes place at the avatar's respective Cloister.
- The battlefields allow for up to 18 players to enter at once.
- The avatars are level 85 and have access to their meritable Blood Pacts.
- The avatars are able to use their Astral Flow move at any time.
- Each Avatar is supported by four elementals who share hate with the avatar.
- The elementals can cure the avatar by casting a tier IV elemental nukes on it.
- The elementals will not respawn unless the avatar uses their meritable Blood Pact, spawning one with a maximum of four at a time.
- If the target of the Blood Pact dies to the Blood Pact, an elemental will not spawn.
- Each of the elemental's melee attacks have the added effect of the corresponding debuff.
- Defeating each avatar will award you with the appropriate key item.
- Once you have obtained all six key items, proceed to Full Moon Fountain for a cutscene and the last Battle.
- Up to 18 players are allowed to enter this battlefield at once.
- The battle will begin against Carbuncle.
- Once Carbuncle's health reaches 75%, he will disappear and will be replaced by one of the 6 summonable Celestial Avatars.
- After that avatar is defeated, Carbuncle will re-appear with 75% health.
- Once Carbuncle's health reaches 50%, he will disappear and will be replaced by two of the remaining 6 summonable Celestial Avatars.
- After the next two avatars are defeated, Carbuncle will re-appear with 50% health.
- When Carbuncle's health reaches 25%, he will disappear once again and be replaced by the remaining 3 summonable Celestial Avatars.
- Once the three avatars are defeated, five Carbuncle Primes will spawn at once.
- Defeat all five Carbuncle Primes to win the battle.
- During the cutscene you are given a choice to return the Faded ruby to Carbuncle. Your choice determines the title given to you when the quest is complete.
- Choosing to return the ruby will give you the title of "Disturber of Slumber".
- Choosing not to return the ruby will give you the title of "Interrupter of Dreams".
- Return to the ??? (G-6) in La Theine Plateau.
- The six key items are not lost upon defeat, but lost upon winning the fight.
- Every player who participates in the final fight will receive a Carbuncle's Pole.
- All other quest rewards are randomly dropped at the end of the Carbuncle Prime battle.
- You must wait until the Conquest Tally is updated for the week before you can repeat this quest.
Strategy: The final fight can be duoed by two well geared Summoners. The strategy is as follows:
- 1. Defeat the Carbuncles and Celestial Avatars up until the 3 Celestial Avatars pop.
- 2. Defeat two of the three Celestial Avatars.
- 3. Bring the last Celestial Avatar down to about 10% without using Blood Pact: Rages.
- 4. At this point, one Summoner should Astral Flow and use Alexander.
- 5. After Alexander is finished, quickly siphon more MP while the other Summoner kills the last Celestial Avatar using Avatar melee only.
- 6. When the 5 Carbuncle Primes spawn, each Summoner should take one and kill it with a Blood Pact.
- 7. This leaves 3 Carbuncle Primes left and removes the danger of the Searing Light that they spam. Killing the rest is not a challenge.