Are you considering returning to Final Fantasy XI? Be sure to read "Returning to Vana'diel" - our community collaborative guide!
Areas · Missions · Quests · Coalitions · Assignments
Reive · Skirmish · Delve · Incursion · Vagary · Sinister Reign
Areas · Missions · Escha · Omen
|May Update Items|
|Mog Garden · Monster Rearing · Monstrosity · Trust Magic · Unity · Ambuscade · Hard Mode Mission Battles · Master Trials||April Login Campaign|
Windurst Mission 5-2
From BG FFXI Wiki
- Accept the mission, and speak to the Star Sibyl.
- Form a full party (recommended level 55-60 or higher), and head for Xarcabard. Castle Zvahl is on the far west of the area.
- Castle Zvahl Baileys
- Enter Castle Zvahl Baileys, follow the one-way path until you come to the first intersection. Turn right, head north then west and down a small flight of stairs.
- Turn left and follow the right wall until you reach the next map.
- On the next map, turn right and head all the way to the top right corner of the map.
- Head up the stairs and you will be on the second "level".
- Next, get to the top left part of the map and walk back down the set of stairs and youll be back on the first "level".
- Work your way into the center of the map from here and you will be in an outdoor courtyard. Go back up to the second "level" then through the gate on the right and you'll be in a long hall with a large flight of stairs.
- Castle Zvahl Keep
- Inside, walk out of the hallway and turn right. Ahead, you will have to go through a few gates, there are a lot of mobs in the area which detect sight, however your party should have no problems disposing of them.
- Once on the second level, you will be overlooking a room below. Follow the narrow path to more stairs and another hallway. You'll eventually reach an area with teleporters. These teleporters take awhile to activate, so just stand on the center and be patient. Using them will cause your Invisible (Status) to drop.
- Follow the teleporters four times until you reach a new map. Run to the west/middle of this area and you'll see a door. Passing through this door will result in a zone to the Throne Room.
- Throne Room
- You will now have some time to prepare for the fight, run to the other side of the Throne Room and gather up. When ready, check the door and enter the BCNM.
- The Shadow Lord has 2 forms. In the first form, he can switch between physical or magical immunity. Take time during magic immunity to rest MP, and hold off on melee attacks while in physical.
- While immune to magic, he will use Dark Nova (AOE Darkness damage) and can cast Black Magic. Dark Nova tends to indicate that he will switch to physical immunity.
- During physical immunity, he can use a variety of TP attacks, including Giga Slash, Kick Back and Umbra Smash.
- Defeating the first form will get you a cutscene. You will immediately be returned to the fight. Rest quickly and get ready for the second form.
- The second form will only use AoE attacks, but has less HP (approximately 4,000 HP). At this point, use your 2hrs and take him down as fast as possible. Curaga should be used liberally here to help counter the AoE damage. He will not rotate immunities like the first form.