From BG FFXI Wiki
| Through the Quicksand Caves
|| Rise of the Zilart
||You must hurry to Zepwell's Island's ancient temple.
| To avoid running all the way there, just use Homepoint #1 to get quick access to Chamber of Oracles, as that is your final destination. The proto-waypoint: Quicksand Caves is also a quick way to get the the Chamber, just drop down and follow the path, keeping west
Note: You'll need to step on pads that require a certain weight. You'll either need 1 Galka, 3 Tarutaru or any combination of 2 of Hume/Elvaan/Mithra. (Optional: Go to Eastern Altepa Desert, and complete the quest Open Sesame for the key item Loadstone, allowing you to pass through the doors alone).
- Ensure everyone is on the mission "Through the Quicksand Caves". If not, they have not properly completed the previous mission, check key items to see which is missing.
- You'll want a party of level 65+. You will be entering a BCNM fight against 3 Antica NMs, who all have a TP attack that will Silence (Jamming Wave), mages should all bring Echo Drops.
- Head for a tunnel at (C/D-11) in Western Altepa Desert. Follow this outside to an unmarked area of the desert. Head down the ramp to (D-12) and enter Quicksand Caves.
- Everything here aggros sound, so make sure everyone gets Sneak.
- Go to (I-9) and step on the weight pad and go through the door.
- Go west to (H-7) and use another weight pad to pass through a door.
- In the next room, drop down the hole to a hidden area.
- Head to (D-4) to zone in to the Chamber of Oracles.
- Get ready and enter the BCNM. You'll be facing 3 Antica NMs
- A dual boxed 75 BLM, 75 WHM and 75 THF/NIN can easily beat this BCNM. THF only took damage from occasional RNG attacks, and Magnetic cloud.
- Upon clearing the BC, you'll zone in to another area of the Chamber of Oracles, which starts the next mission.
You Might Also Like These Articles