From FFXI Wiki
(Redirected from TH)
|Job Trait Information|
|Description||Increases chance of getting treasure.|
|I||THF15, BLU98*||See Table|
|Blue Mage Notes||* Requires the setting of appropriate spells to receive the trait.|
** Requires the 100 or 1,200 Blue Mage job gift.
|Treasure Hunter Drop Rate Data Points|
|TH Level||Very Common||Common||Uncommon||Rare||Very Rare||Super Rare||Ultra Rare|
- This trait is not believed to make "superior" treasure drop, but it increases the odds that you will get items and by default increases the odds "superior" will drop.
- With THF as a main job, the effect of equipment, atma, and job ability bonuses on Treasure Hunter is limited to a base of Treasure Hunter +8. This can be raised to a maximum of +12 (or +14, see below) through procs during battle.
- With any other main job, the base effect is limited to Treasure Hunter +4.
Applying Treasure Hunter:
- Treasure Hunter works as a debuff effect on the monster; the player with Treasure Hunter must take some aggressive action against the mob in order to apply the Treasure Hunter effect, after which the effect will remain even if the player is not in the party that kills the mob.
- It is possible to apply Treasure Hunter using an AoE attack.
- The effect is removed if the mob becomes passive and regenerates.
- The effect of Treasure Hunter +1 items are considered and applied after the first enmity generation, and then can be removed even before a "proc".
Treasure Hunter Proc System:
- The Treasure Hunter proc system was introduced in the December 2010 update and applies to players using Thief main job, as well as the Ranger job ability Bounty Shot.
- The maximum base Treasure Hunter level that can be applied from the first action against an enemy is 8.
- Treasure Hunter can be increased up to a maximum value of 12, with 0 Job Points invested into Thief Job Points or via Bounty Shot.
- Bounty Shot allows the initial application of TH2 (up to TH4 with Bounty Shot+2) and can also cause upgrades between TH levels with repeated usage.
- Upgrading TH levels from normal attack rounds is inversely proportional to the difference between your current TH level in trait/gear and the monster's current TH level.
- Example 1: If you plant TH6 on the monster by pulling with your TH gear on and then continue to use your TH gear while you kill the monster, there is a 0-level gap between your current TH level and the monster's current TH level. This makes it "easy" to proc (approximately a 6% chance per melee round).
- Example 2: If you plant TH6 on the monster by pulling with your TH gear on and then swap to TH3 to kill the monster, there is a 3-level gap between your current TH level and the monster's current TH level. This makes it comparatively more difficult to proc (approximately a 2% chance per melee round).
- There is a much greater chance of TH level upgrade from Sneak or Trick Attack (approximately 10x).
- This is multiplicative to the TH up bonus from Feint merits.
- Treasure Hunter can only proc on the first hit of an attack round.
- Attacks must do damage in order to potentially upgrade Treasure Hunter effectiveness. Hits for 0 do not count.
- Treasure Hunter can proc on the first hit of weaponskills, but will not display any message when it does.
- Treasure Hunter I/II seem to offer a substantial bonus over no-Treasure Hunter, but Treasure Hunter >III is less potent.
- Treasure Hunter diminishing returns have been confirmed by Sicycre, Community Rep, on the Official Forums.
- Combining all the proc-system factors, TPing and SA/TAing in equipment with Treasure Hunter +1 will allow you to reach high TH levels much more rapidly (See References).
Treasure Hunter I/II:
- It has been theorized that Treasure Hunter I and II each give potential "re-rolls" after a failed attempt at a drop slot.
- Example: If there's a 20% chance of a Colibri feather and the game decides it doesn't drop, Treasure Hunter I lets you re-roll the slot for another 20% chance, and then Treasure Hunter II lets you re-roll it if the Treasure Hunter I re-roll fails.
- This is similar to how Magic Hit Rate determines resist rate.
- This model was developed using non-competitive drops (like Colibri Beak/Colibri Feather off Lesser Colibri) and seems to break down any time multiple drops of the same item or competition between items are possible.
- It is thought that Treasure Hunter I with "Treasure Hunter +1" in equipment is the same as Treasure Hunter II.
Treasure Hunter III:
- Treasure Hunter III appears to work differently from the other Treasure Hunter trait tiers, and may just function as Treasure Hunter +1
- Unlike Treasure Hunter I/II, Treasure Hunter III has not been shown to dramatically increase drop rates.
- However, it has been shown to influence drop rates to some degree.
- Tests aiming to determine the value of the Treasure Hunter III relative to I or II have never reached significance. This is in part due to the introduction of the Treasure Hunter proc system, which makes it difficult to collect a pure TH3 sample.
|Blue Mage Job Trait Information|
|Minimum Set Points Needed||12|
|Trait Points Needed per Tier||8|
|Level||Spell||Set Points||Trait Points|
- Setting only two spells will grant the trait Gilfinder instead.
|Treasure Hunter + Gear|
|Perfect Lucky Egg||Ammo||All Jobs||+1|
|Taming Sari||Dagger||THF / BRD / DNC||(Sinister Reign): +1|
|Volte Cap||Head||All Jobs||+1|
|White Rarab Cap +1||Head||All Jobs||+1|
|Volte Jupon||Body||All Jobs||+2|
|Assassin's Armlets +1||Hands||THF||+1|
|Assassin's Armlets +2||Hands||THF||+2|
|Plunderer's Armlets +1||Hands||THF||+3|
|Plunderer's Armlets +2||Hands||THF||+3|
|Plunderer's Armlets +3||Hands||THF||+4|
|Volte Bracers||Hands||All Jobs||+1|
|Volte Hose||Legs||All Jobs||+1|
|Raider's Poulaines +2||Feet||THF||+1|
|Skulker's Poulaines +1||Feet||THF||+3|
|Volte Boots||Feet||All Jobs||+1|
|Gorney Ring||Ring||All Jobs||+1|
|Gorney Ring +1||Ring||All Jobs||+1|
|Chaac Belt||Waist||All Jobs||+1|
|Tarutaru Sash||Waist||MNK / WHM / BLM / RDM / PLD / BRD / RNG / SMN /BLU / PUP / SCH / GEO / RUN||(Abyssea - La Theine): +1|
|Reisenjima Armor||Varies||Various (All Jobs)||(Dark Matter): +1~2|
|Reisenjima Weapons||Varies||Various (All Jobs)||(Dark Matter): +1~2|
- Enedin's Treasure Hunter Summary (Enedin, BG)
- Drop Rate Analysis and Treasure Hunter Findings (Mojo, BG)
- Treasure Hunter III sample (Insaniac, Official Forums)
- TH Upgrade Testing (Arcon, Official Forums)
- Treasure Hunter discussion - (BG Forums)
- Applying TH with AoE Magic (Yugl, BG)
- Wearing TH enhances the rate of TH upgrade (Ninjya and Motenten, BG Forums)
- Official Statement by SE regarding TH (SE with Translation by Slycer (BG Forums)
- Comparison of TH3 and TH6 in Dynamis (Fenrir.Motenten, FFXIAH)
- Passive mobs remove TH (Rocl, BG Forums)
- SE on the probability of TH procing.
- PAX East 2020 Dev QA Thread containing official TH chart