Missions • Quests • Coalitions • Assignments • Reive
Skirmish • Delve • Incursion • Vagary • Sinister Reign • Apex
Missions • Escha • Domain Invasion • Geas Fete • Omen
Ambuscade • A.M.A.N. Trove • Dynamis Divergence • High-Tier Mission Battlefields • Master Trials • Monstrosity • Unity
|Guides • Trust Magic • Mog Garden • Monster Rearing • Job Points • Crafting|
|Ultimate Weapons • Ultimate Augments • Escutcheons||Latest Update Items|
- Increased physical damage (Does 50% more damage against undead enemies)
- Does not alter magical damage taken or elemental resistance values.
- E.g. Banish will not alter the 25% magic damage reduction penalty or dark resistance for Corses.
- Different Banish spells reduce these Special Defenses for a certain amount of time, both of which increase with higher tier spells.
- This effect will overwrite itself, but only with an equivalent tier of Banish or higher.
- The effect duration may be resisted in the same way as other magic, 1/8, 1/4, 1/2, or fully.
- Damage from Banish and the Special Defense reduction bonus duration are resisted separately.
- E.g. Just because the damage was not resisted does not mean the defense reduction bonus duration is the full length, and vice-versa.
- Banish effect Merit Points increase the duration of the bonus by 2 seconds for each tier for a maximum of +10 seconds.
- Banish does not stack with Tomahawk, each will not overwrite each other.
- Given that Tomahawk will reduce the magic damage penalty against a foe like a Corse, it would be situationally more useful over Banish.
Assumed banish special defense reduction formula:
floor(SDT value - (SDT value × Banish Value)) = New Resistance
- Example: Banish against a Skeleton with a 50% (128/256) Piercing resistance, would reduce the resistance to 25%.
- floor(128/256 - (128/256×128/256)) = 64/256 (-25%) Piercing for during the duration of Banish.
- Example: Casting Banish III against the same Skeleton would reduce the resistance to 5%.
- floor(128/256 - (128/256×230/256)) = 13/256 (-95%) Piercing for during the duration of Banish.
- Example: Casting Banish III against a Ghost (-25% / and -50% ) would reduce the resistance to ~2.5% / and 5% .
- floor(64/256 - (64/256×230/256)) = 13/512 → 6/256 (~ -97.5%) / Slashing/Piercing for during the duration of Banish.
- There has been no public testing on Banish since this incomplete test in 2009.
- Given that -97% for Banish III to a Ghost for slashing above matches the -97% from the old testing within an assumed margin of error with an assumed formula, it looks good enough until someone else wants to test it.
- What sounds the most plausible (despite working on additional values such as physical or magical damage) is how the JP wiki lists how Tomahawk is calculated. The formula for special defense reduction (SDT) was based off of this.
Various equipment enhances Banish's special defense reduction potency against undead when worn while casting. These bonuses stack, and are possibly additive with each other before being multiplied against the foe's resistance .
Banish will not increase damage dealt to undead past ±0%.
None of these bonuses to Banish increase effect duration.
- Example: So, in the case of a Skeleton with 50% Piercing resistance, casting Banish would make it take (1 - 50%×32÷64)) = 75% of normal damage. Wearing Fenian Ring and casting Banish would make it take (1 - 50%×32÷64×7÷8)) = 78.5% of normal damage.
- This is technically: SDF reduction = floor( 32 × 7 ÷ 8 ) ÷ 64
Taking damage with Afflatus Misery up provides a unique damage bonus to the Banish spell line, which caps at a 2x modifier (200% normal damage).
Unlike Afflatus Solace and Holy damage modification through HP Healed, Misery modification is based purely on the damage taken from the last hit. This bonus scales up from a 1x modifier and seems to take about 250 damage or -25% HP to fully charge.