Are you considering returning to Final Fantasy XI? Be sure to read "Returning to Vana'diel" - our community collaborative guide!
Areas · Missions · Quests · Coalitions · Assignments
Reive · Skirmish · Delve · Incursion · Vagary · Sinister Reign
Areas · Missions · Escha · Omen
|July Update Items|
|Mog Garden · Monster Rearing · Monstrosity · Trust Magic · Unity · Ambuscade · Hard Mode Mission Battles · Master Trials||July Login Campaign|
An Empty Vessel
- Speak to Waoud and he will offer to give you a divination and will ask the follow questions. It is possible to not progress further in the quest. If you do not, you will have the option to try again the next game day. Below is a listing of the questions and answers. The answers in bold is one possible combination of correct answers. Some report answering the third option for each question works as well.
|Question||Answer 1||Answer 2||Answer 3|
|What is destiny? Destiny is something that...||Is immutable.||One forges for oneself.||Is unknowable.|
| Does the accomplishment of a goal require sacrifice and hardship?
Do goals require sacrifice?
|Not if you think hard enough.||Occasionally.||Absolutely.|
| You hold in your hands a forbidden scroll.
Reading it will bring you untold wisdom, but cost all that you own. Do you...
|Read the scroll?||Throw the scroll away?||Burn the scroll?|
|If the loss of one life would save ten thousand, would you offer yourself without hesitation?||Offer yourself?|| Offer another...
I have no such courage.
|Would you choose a tumultuous life where fame or fortune were attainable, or a tranquil life where both were forever beyond your reach?
Which do you choose?
|A chaotic life.||A tranquil life.||A mix of both.|
|You stand on the precipice between life and death. Would you choose to live life as a beast if it would save you from falling into the shadowy abyss of the underworld? What do you do?||If it keeps me from dying...||Fall, and keep my humanity.||Embrace life as a beast.|
|A companion in battle turns against you, raising a weapon to attack.
|Brace for the blow?||Try to reason with him?||Cut him down?|
|A loved one is afflicted with a terrible illness and has little time left to live.
You are asked to end that life by your own hand. Do you...
|Seek a cure?||Leave the world together?||Grant the request?|
|You are in the midst of a fierce battle.
The enemy lying at your feet was once a friend. His breath is ragged and weak. Do you...
|Tend to his wounds?||End his pain?||Ignore your old friend?|
|A superior to whom you owe a great debt orders you to act in a way that violates your sense of justice. Do you...||Try to remove him from power?||Carry out the order?||Follow your sense of justice?|
- If you progress through the questions, Waoud will not progress the quest until at least one game day later, zoning at least once. Agree to help, answering that his words have moved you to help him.
- Waoud will then ask for one item, using the following clues:
- "The treasure I would have you seek is a pinch of golden sand. It is said to glow with the light of the sun and be found only on a certain beach."
- "The treasure I would have you seek is a jewel. It is said to glow with a bluish tint and be found near the bank of a certain river."
- "The treasure I would have you seek is a precious stone. It is said to be as red as blood and found in a land of geysers."
- Trade him the item, and he will tell you to go to Aydeewa Subterrane. Enter Aydeewa Subterrane at (I-7) in Bhaflau Thickets, and proceed to the platform at (H-9) for a cutscene. During the cutscene, choose to take his hand to continue.
- The VW warp is the fastest shortcut to this location.
- When the cutscene is over, you will be returned to Aht Urhgan Whitegate and be able to change to Blue Mage.