Missions • Quests • Coalitions • Assignments • Reive
Skirmish • Delve • Incursion • Vagary • Sinister Reign • Apex
Missions • Escha • Domain Invasion • Geas Fete • Omen
Ambuscade • A.M.A.N. Trove • Dynamis Divergence • High-Tier Mission Battlefields • Master Trials • Monstrosity • Unity
|Guides • Trust Magic • Mog Garden • Monster Rearing • Job Points • Crafting|
|Ultimate Weapons • Ultimate Augments • Escutcheons||Latest Update Items|
- Increased damage (Does 50% more damage against undead enemies)
- The Undead typically have a variety of different bonuses/penalties for different weapon types (Special Defenses). Different Banish spells reduce these Special Defenses by a set percentage for a certain amount of time, both of which increase with higher tier spells.
- This effect will overwrite itself, but only with an equivalent tier Banish or higher.
So, for instance, if you are fighting a group of Skeletons with Piercing damage dealers, your White Mage could almost double kill speed if they Banish III'd every monster. At the same time, casting Banish III when in a group of Monks fighting the same enemies would reduce kill speed.
- Example: In the case of a Skeleton with 50% Piercing resistance, casting Banish III would make it take (1 - 50%×62÷64)) = 98.5% of normal damage.
- Example: In the case of a Hound with a 25% Slashing damage taken Bonus, casting Banish would make it take (1 + 25%×32÷64)) = 112.5% of normal damage.
There are currently several pieces of gear (Cleric's Mitts/+1, Cleric's Mitts +2, and Fenian Ring) that enhance Banish's special defense reduction potency against undead when worn while nuking. These appear to work in a term separate from the original Banish Special Defense reduction term that further reduces the special defense of Undead monsters. None of these are thought to increase effect duration at all.
- Example: So, in the case of a Skeleton with 50% Piercing resistance, casting Banish would make it take (1 - 50%×32÷64)) = 75% of normal damage. Wearing Fenian Ring and casting Banish would make it take (1 - 50%×32÷64×7÷8)) = 78.5% of normal damage.
- This is technically: SDF reduction = floor( 32 × 7 ÷ 8 ) ÷ 64
Taking damage with Afflatus Misery up provides a unique damage bonus to the Banish spell line, which caps at a 2x modifier (200% normal damage). Unlike Afflatus Solace and Holy damage modification through HP Healed, Misery modification is based purely on the damage taken from the last hit. This bonus scales up from a 1x modifier and seems to take about 250 damage or -25% HP to fully charge.