Category talk:Assault Point Weapon
- Raiden Thrust with Rairin Obi on Lightningday does the same damage with or without Imperial Kaman on.
This shows that the ranged slot does not affect the melee slot. The reverse can be assumed, but hasn't and won't be explicitly proven.
- Aeolian Edge with 215 TP and Khanjar offhand on Lightningday did 543 damage.
Even wearing the weapon in the offhand does not seem to work.
- Aeolian Edge with 116.2 TP and Khanjar main hand on Lightningday did 448 damage.
Khanjar looks like it is contributing +10/256 (2.909...-2.87109...)*256, rounded up
Well, this could just be a property of Aeolian Edge. It's not actually possible to test for a 4th property of Transfixion given its known skillchain elements.
- Aeolian Edge with Twilight Knife and 116.2 TP did 442 damage.
- (2.75+31/256)*143+32 = 442 (could also be 30/256)
This either proves that we don't know all of Aeolian Edge's Skillchain properties or that we don't understand how these weapons work.
- Cyclone with 100.0 TP (Meditate x2 and rested 2 ticks) + Khanjar mainhand on Lightsday = 181 damage
- Cyclone with 100.0 TP + Twilight Knife mainhand on Lightsday = 175 damage
- 567 base damage = 2.926 fTP, so perhaps the mods are a little off for Cyclone.
This one was at least testable with Cyclone -> Reverberation. It made no Skillchain, so Cyclone doesn't have Transfixion and this weapon is simply working on a day that doesn't match any of the WS elements. I'm going to go get a brew and find the answer. Everything below is on Lightsday
- Aeolian Edge with 300TP, Twilight Knife, and a Brew : 23360 -> 2304
- 576 base damage confirmed
- Aeolian Edge with 300TP, Khanjar, and a Brew : 23630 -> 2331
- 4 does not work as an fTP, but 4+12/256 does perfectly.
- Cyclone with 300TP, Twilight Knife, and a Brew : 16880 -> 1659
- Working out these numbers gives Cyclone a base damage of 525 and 300TP fTP of 3.1625. Something is wrong with it.
- Cyclone with 300TP, Khanjar, and a Brew : 17150 -> 1683
- Can't conclude anything from this until we figure out what Cyclone's real stats are.
The only source of MAB above was Brew and fINT was capped, so I divided by 10 and subtracted 32.
Conclusions thus far:
- I appear to get +12/256 fTP even when mainhanding them even if the day does not align with my WS' skillchain or elemental properties.
- They do not work offhand.
- You can't use a ranged one and get the effect on your melee weapon. --Byrthnoth 20:18, 9 January 2012 (EST)