Are you considering returning to Final Fantasy XI? Be sure to read "Returning to Vana'diel" - our community collaborative guide!
Areas · Missions · Quests · Coalitions · Assignments
Reive · Skirmish · Delve · Incursion · Vagary · Sinister Reign
Areas · Missions · Escha · Omen
|March Update Items|
|Mog Garden · Monstrosity · Trust Magic · Unity · Ambuscade · Hard Mode Mission Battles · Master Trials||March Login Campaign|
A Barrel of Laughs
From BG FFXI Wiki
- Examine the Mischief Marker at (J-11) in Western Adoulin for a cutscene. You will need to wait until the day changes after completing the previous quest.
- To the left of the Mischief Marker is a door marked (Door: Depository), examine it for a cutscene.
- Travel to Rala Waterways (M-6) and examine the door behind Yeggha Dolashi to enter a battlefield.
- Trusts may be used in the fight.
- Only the mannequin need be defeated to clear the battlefield.
- If either of the NPC tarus are defeated, you will fail.
- Should one fail, go to the Waterfront in Western Adoulin and click the Sauce Barrels (found on end of pier next to Jorin ) for a cutscene demanding a specific food item from one of the vendors in town.
- Return to the Sauce Barrels with the demanded food item and trade it to them.
- Upon giving them the demanded food, you may return to the arena in Rala Waterways and retry the battlefield.
- Upon successfully clearing the battlefield, head to the Door: Svenja's Manor in Western Adoulin (I-8) and examine it for a cutscene.
- Travel to Sih Gates with a sickle, and harvest a Guffawshroom (Key Item).
- In order for the KI to be harvested, one must use the emote /laugh targeting the harvesting point shortly before trading the sickle to it.
- Next click on the door to the Hospital at (I-9) in Western Adoulin for a cutscene.
- Note that if you are at a certain point on the quest Flowers for Svenja, the doctor will be unavailable and you cannot progress in A Barrel of Laughs. You will simply receive the message "The door is firmly closed". If this happens, you must progress further in Flowers for Svenja in order to proceed.
- Return to the Mischief Marker at for a cutscene.
- Talk to Peladi Shalmohr at the Mummers' Coalition in Western Adoulin to choose your reward.
- If you wish to have a different earring, have 10,000 Bayld accumulated and trade her the earring you have already. You may only do this once per real life week.