Be sure to read "Returning to Vana'diel" - our guide of changes to the game!
Already returned? Welcome back! Check out "Quickstart 1-119" - for a complete journey from level 1 to 119!
Areas • Missions • Quests • Coalitions • Assignments • Reive
Skirmish • Delve • Incursion • Vagary • Sinister Reign • Apex
Areas • Missions • Escha • Domain Invasion • Geas Fete • Omen
Ambuscade • Dynamis Divergence • Unity • A.M.A.N. Trove • High-Tier Mission Battlefields • Master Trials • Monstrosity
|Guides • Trust Magic • Mog Garden • Monster Rearing • Job Points • Crafting||October Update Items|
| Ultimate Weapons • Ultimate Augments|
From BG FFXI Wiki
- After completing the previous quest, the moogle will give you the option to warp to a BCNM.
- You are about to enter a 6-man Battlefield against Atori-Tutori. The fight is difficult and there is an optional sidequest that you can do for an enfeebling item, see below.
- The Nomad Moogle will offer to warp you to one of several BC zones once you have given him the stone, which you pick does not matter.
- Warp to one of the zones with the rest of your party.
- Fight and defeat Atori-Tutori.
- If you are defeated, you may enter the fight again by paying 1 Merit Point or 5 High Kindred's Crests.
- Warp back and talk to the Nomad Moogle to have your level limit increased, and to finish this quest.
- You can get an enfeebling item (Olde Rarab Tail) from Degenhard in Bastok Markets.
- Trade Degenhard a Seasoning Stone, Fossilized Fang, and Fossilized Bone for an Olde Rarab Tail.
- These items have been available from the Repeat Login Campaign for a measly 10 points for quite a few months in a row. There is no sign that they will be removed.
- These items also drop off level 90+ monsters in specific zones.
- This item will remove Atori-Tutori's damage taken cap and Terrorize him for 2 minutes.
- At least one is recommended for any party to counteract Hundred Fists, but it is possible to win without one if you have a sufficiently well-geared group.
- Atori-Tutori has a ~100-damage "limit" on the amount of damage he can take.
- This limit is removed while Olde Rarab Tail is active.
- Strategy 1: Use 3 Low delay melee, capped magic Haste, Enspells, and Perfect Defense
- Enspells do not count towards the damage limit, so they provide a very substantial damage bonus especially when used by low delay melee. They will overwrite Haste Samba, so don't count on it. You can get them through Inferno Howl (with a good skill build) or Accession from a Scholar or Red Mage subbing the other.
- Buff the party with maxed magical Haste (some combination of Embrava, Haste, Marches, etc.)
- Use Perfect Defense (after Inferno Howl if you're doing that)
- Melee him.
- This strategy does not require an Olde Rarab Tail.
- Strategy 2: Use a Paladin with Aegis or Ochain and a White Mage
- Strategy 3: Ranged/magic damage and Olde Rarab Tails.
- Strategy 4: Pet Burn it