Considering returning to Final Fantasy XI? Be sure to read "Returning to Vana'diel" - our community collaborative guide!
Already returned? Welcome back! Be sure to read "Quickstart 1-119" - our guide for a complete journey from level 1 to 119!
Areas · Missions · Quests · Coalitions · Assignments
Reive · Skirmish · Delve · Incursion · Vagary · Sinister Reign
Areas · Missions · Escha · Domain Invasion · Geas Fete · Omen
Ambuscade · Dynamis Divergence · Unity · High-Tier Mission Battlefields · Master Trials · Monstrosity
|Trust Magic · Mog Garden · Monster Rearing · Job Points · Crafting · Guides||November Update Items|
| Ultimate Weapons|
From BG FFXI Wiki
|Job Ability Information|
|Description||Allows you to control your target.|
|Duration||Varies based on Target Level|
|Cumulative Enmity||320||Volatile Enmity||0|
|Command||/ja "Charm" <stnpc>|
- The duration of the Charm effect depends on the level difference between the player and the enemy being charmed, the amount of Charm+ gear worn, and player CHR. See the Charm Duration page for more information.
- Charm accuracy is primarily based on the level difference between the player and monster. Thus, the success rate of Charm can be improved by increasing a player's CHR, Light/Apollo's Staff, and possibly Magic Accuracy.
- The exact impact of Light Staff/Iridal Staff or Apollo's Staff/Chatoyant Staff on Charm is unknown, but they are believed to increase Charm rate by 10% and 15% respectively.
- Charm, like melee attacks or most magic, is never 100% accurate. No matter how weak a mob is in relation to the player, there's always the chance of a failed charm. Similarly, assuming the monster is charmable, there's always a small chance to succeed.
- There does appear to be a dependence of Charm accuracy on Beastmaster main job level. See the references.
- Some families of mobs have a stronger resistance to Charm than others. Most notably Slimes, but also Opo-opos, Flytraps, Raptors, Mandragoras, Sabotenders, Snow Hares and Category:Slugs.
- This likely comes from a combination of Light resistance (like Sabotenders) and Resist Charm traits.
- If Charm is used on an enemy that is immune, it will be bound for a short duration.