From BG FFXI Wiki
|Job Ability Information
| Level Obtained
|| Allows you to control your target.
|| Varies based on Target Level
| Cumulative Enmity
|| Volatile Enmity
|| /ja "Charm" <stnpc>
- The duration of the Charm effect depends on the level difference between the player and the enemy being charmed, the amount of Charm+ gear worn, and player CHR. See the Charm Duration page for more information.
- Charm accuracy is primarily based on the level difference between the player and monster. Thus, the success rate of Charm can be improved by increasing a player's CHR, Light/Apollo's Staff, and possibly Magic Accuracy.
- The exact impact of Light Staff/Iridal Staff or Apollo's Staff/Chatoyant Staff on Charm is unknown, but they are believed to increase Charm rate by 10% and 15% respectively.
- Charm, like melee attacks or most magic, is never 100% accurate. No matter how weak a mob is in relation to the player, there's always the chance of a failed charm. Similarly, assuming the monster is charmable, there's always a small chance to succeed.
- There does appear to be a dependence of Charm accuracy on Beastmaster main job level. See the references.
- Some families of mobs have a stronger resistance to Charm than others. Most notably Slimes, but also Opo-opos, Flytraps, Raptors, Mandragoras, Sabotenders, Snow Hares and Category:Slugs.
- This likely comes from a combination of Light resistance (like Sabotenders) and Resist Charm traits.
- If Charm is used on an enemy that is immune, it will be bound for a short duration.
You Might Also Like These Articles