Be sure to read "Returning to Vana'diel" - our guide of changes to the game!
Already returned? Welcome back! Check out "Quickstart 1-119" - for a complete journey from level 1 to 119!
Areas • Missions • Quests • Coalitions • Assignments • Reive
Skirmish • Delve • Incursion • Vagary • Sinister Reign • Apex
Areas • Missions • Escha • Domain Invasion • Geas Fete • Omen
Ambuscade • Dynamis Divergence • Unity • A.M.A.N. Trove • High-Tier Mission Battlefields • Master Trials • Monstrosity
|Guides • Trust Magic • Mog Garden • Monster Rearing • Job Points • Crafting||October Update Items|
| Ultimate Weapons • Ultimate Augments|
From BG FFXI Wiki
|Job Ability Information|
|Description||Allows you to take damage with MP.|
|Cumulative Enmity||1||Volatile Enmity||80|
|Command||/ja "Mana Wall" <me>|
- Reduces damage you would have taken by 50% and applies it to your MP instead of HP.
- Example: 1000 Needles would take away 500 MP (and no HP) if you were the only target in range and had more than 500 MP.
- Damage over the amount of MP you have is applied to your HP.
- All sources of -% Damage Taken still work with Manawall active and Phalanx effects are still applied (to the HP total), reducing damage taken even further.
- Job Points to enhance this ability are additive.
- Instead of functioning using the normal Enmity formula, Black Mages with Mana Wall active appear to lose a static 180 Cumulative Enmity per hit.
|Equipment Modifying Ability...|
|Goetia Sabots +1||Reduces damage an additional 5% before applying it to your MP|
|Goetia Sabots +2||Reduces damage an additional 10% before applying it to your MP.|
|Wicce Sabots||Reduces damage an additional 10% before applying it to your MP.|
|Wicce Sabots +1||Reduces damage an additional 15% before applying it to your MP.|
|Taranus's Cape||Reduces damage an additional 10% before applying it to your MP.|